No announcement yet.

Upcoming Case Conference...Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arabian, 10-4 on the precision and importance of dates/times on order. Getting dinged twice is a growing concern with the welfare, etc. I could always call Ontario works and see what they say on the matter.

Mr.Toronto:
    1. You think I should only send 2 checks? Not March?
    2. Family wizard would allow ex and I to communicate or lawyer and I? (I like this family wizard idea.
    3/4. Mediators
    5. The separation agreement will be attached?
    6. The affidavit for access following will be my offer for interim access tat the judge endorsed?

Sorry .. trying to sink it all in. Youd make a fantastic lawyer!

Comment

1) up to you

2) Family wizard is for the parties that don't want to discuss directly Wizard's the middleman date stamping everything for Court if needed. Check the website and attach details to ex's lawyer for clarity...Judge I had knew all about it but attach a copy in CC just in Case

3) pick I like them both 3 and 4

5) if you have a draft of a separation agreement (or partial) may as well send it and see if he'll get working on it. It'll be interesting to see his excuse for prolonging matters. (it's for the Judge to see your a busy beaver trying to avoid court) (up to you)

6) Yes....always be "settling matters" your affidavit at the end is whatever the result of you humping around trying to resolve is.

Was wondering why unsupervised access can't be done in the matrimonial home (she lived there for a long time right? Has no problem with the house just you...lmao) offer to pay for a cab to drop-off and pickup her and kidlin

You got that part beat for access with having the matrimonial home,,, the B.S I went through trying to prove whatever I could afford was "adequate" or "safe" then the car wasn't safe and on and on.

Then I found out that the custodial parent doesn't have to pickup or drop off! and she didn't for 10 years! but boy oh boy did I get complaints and letters on my unsafe cars...lol

Anyways if you don't have enough to remember add this....if there is anything you want the Judge to get the other party to do...at the end of the CC say excuse me your honor could I get direction for the other party too....disclose...provide...and if he says yes...he gives them direction for next appearance

it may be a long day (most of it waiting) make use of the Court Mediators (again) you may want to note the ex's lawyer refused mediation at the EM to add to the refusal at CC

If the CC judge gets a sniff your going to do something like a pre-emptive motion? it may be a quick day...he may just end CC..

I've been to CC's not in the Courtroom but just a room and a table after a Judge just appointed someone (DRO) so sometimes no big show not even a stenographer was there...lol

always add without prejudice to letters
      Last edited by MrToronto; 05-06-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

There was a new site that started up a few months ago which is primarily about FRO. Perhaps you could post your situation on there? "Frostrating" is the site name.

I have only had personal experience with MEP in Alberta. MEP is years ahead of FRO - it's online and you can email and chat live to collection agents. Also MEP has an annual child recalculation program through MEP. I'm kind of surprised at how behind-the-times Ontario is in this regard.
        Last edited by arabian; 05-06-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

FRO does zippo without a Court Order when a Order is made a Support Deduction Order is also made and sent to the FRO

When FRO gets that Support Deduction Order and a copy of the Final Order they contact the support payer and say don't pay any money to the support recipient

If you have a Separation Agreement and it's silent on the FRO...the support recipient calls up FRO and says collect the support and again they contact the support payer

if your paying willingly before there is an Order (and prove it) then of course the Order will start after your last willing payment

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X