X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No not Harvard University of Toronto!

Comment

Originally posted by distraught View Post
      You have bitter ex issues to, my kids are great!!! thanks to me.I have and am raising wonderful kids. They don't drink, do drugs, they go to school have great grades, my oldest works and goes to university. I take pride in how my kids are turning out in life, they are respectful and caring children. I can pat myself on the back and know I have done great with them. I have one major regret... not having removed them from the situation they were in, and I have to live with that.
      And there's a perfect example of what I mentioned in my last post. You respond to EVERY post the same way: someone disagrees with you, it's because THEY have a problem.

You don't see a bit of a pattern here? Everyone else in the thread disagrees with you and thinks you're wrong and you seem to think it's everyone that has an issue.

You seriously need to get some control over your anger.

Comment

I am not feeling the disagreement here, I am feeling the attacks! You all can disagree with me, that's your right. I appreciate the responses I appreciate the honesty but I don't appreciate the attacks, I will attack back! I came in here with a rant and it has honestly turned into a novel!!! i will do what I have to do and accept the end result which ever way it goes.

Comment

No not Harvard University of Toronto!
          Methinks you need to see you Doc about adjusting your cocktail - you are beginning (?) to rave.

I have never set foot in any school -primary, elementary, secondary, university, or otherwise- in Toronto... er, unless you count the one-room schoolhouse in Newmarket at which I went to kindergarten - in the early 60s.

So, you have a culinary degree? From U of T? do tell...

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Apparently doing 'what you have to do' includes lying in very obvious ways, if your behaviour here is any indication of how you'll handle yourself in court. You can get away with it here without consequence, although everyone can and does see right through you and can easily verify your BS, you should probably make more effort in court to make better choices about what you'll lie about.

Comment

My son asked me to watch the Lord of the Rings movies with him recently.

Until now, I thought that the character Smeagol/Gollum was fictitious, but I just realized that "distraught" is a movie star (in addition to holding a culinary degree from U of T) ... Your children must be very proud.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

I don't try to post negative things about anyone as we are all in the same boat but have individual oars.

If I remember correctly Distraught you said you have taken back your power. I have read every one of the post pertaining to your problem and the response of those who responded.

As I see it you truly have not taken back your power. Your anger and bitterness has only increased your ex husbands power. You are not allowing yourself to think clearly because your anger stands in the way of your success. You are displaying power here by getting angry, picking, throwing caution to the wind, attacking others when they don't give you the answer you want, defending your stance if others see it differently and try to assist you in seeing it in a more rational way. If you really believe you have taken back your power, then you would welcome other peoples experiences to help you empower yourself even more to accomplish your goals.

I await to see how you will respond to this. My only suggestion is to think before you post in anger to those trying to help. Contempt breeds contempt...anger breeds anger...understanding and knowledge leads to accomplishments.

It's possible I may have just hung myself with my reply...but so be it

Comment

Originally posted by Lorac View Post
                  I fail to see how someone can hang themselves with a well thought out, reasonable, balanced, thoughtful post - and one that presents a heretofore unexplored facet.

Nicely done.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Lorac View Post
                    I don't try to post negative things about anyone as we are all in the same boat but have individual oars.

If I remember correctly Distraught you said you have taken back your power. I have read every one of the post pertaining to your problem and the response of those who responded.

As I see it you truly have not taken back your power. Your anger and bitterness has only increased your ex husbands power. You are not allowing yourself to think clearly because your anger stands in the way of your success. You are displaying power here by getting angry, picking, throwing caution to the wind, attacking others when they don't give you the answer you want, defending your stance if others see it differently and try to assist you in seeing it in a more rational way. If you really believe you have taken back your power, then you would welcome other peoples experiences to help you empower yourself even more to accomplish your goals.

I await to see how you will respond to this. My only suggestion is to think before you post in anger to those trying to help. Contempt breeds contempt...anger breeds anger...understanding and knowledge leads to accomplishments.

Perfect response! She will attack you for it also but you made a very good post

Comment

Harvard in Toronto?
                      I'm Italian and I went to Whatsamatta U at Dufferin and St. Clair. Graduated with honours thank you. Got a PHD (pool hall diploma) at Matteo's Billiards.
                      I am such a well rounded individual now. Thank God for post secondary education and my parents to see me through school.

Comment

ME <-----(ten foot pole)------->this thread.

Comment

Thank you Gary, much appreciated :-)

Comment

I did not graduate university with a culinary diploma! I went to university for for business process management . I then graduated from the the Richmond hill culinary arts school!! LOL still well educated. Gary you must have a twin out there!! my apologies. I knew a Gary wheaten who looks alot like you!

Lorac thank you for the response, I appreciate your demeanor
                            and not coming across insulting or otherwise. You statement makes alot of sense and again thank you! Thank you formygirl for your best wishes. I feel I need to peruse this and yes maybe all that you guys are saying may come to be but again I wont know unless I try! I may get laughed out of a court room at the very least as someone suggested I am going to open up the agreement on the basis of spousal support( you can all attack me for that) After 18 years of marriage and having read quite a few posts here regarding spousal I may have a chance.

Comment

I knew a Gary wheaten who looks alot like you!
                              Gee, does he spell 'Wheaton' with an M, too?

Comment

We could probably find Gary Wheaton, figure out who distraught is and then email this thread to her ex.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X