X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registered pension funds?

Hi,

I am new to this, but am needing some guidance to pension funds. The ex is taking me back to court to stop spousal support payments, but in the meantime (from our first court appearance) I was awarded half of his pension plan. The problem is this: The government apparently regulates the amount you are allowed to receive each month. When I received notification of the amount to which I would be receiving, I had to find an institute where I could invest this pension money, then a cheque was given to them.

I went through a bank and put it in mutual funds. The only good thing about this is that if I make more interest from the mutual funds then I will receive more from the Government Set amount.

Does anyone know if there is another way to have done this to benefit me more? When the ex retires he will withdraw alot more than that and will be able to live quite comfortably with his pension. I on the other hand can' t even pay my rent with the percentage I am allowed to draw each month, so therefore will have to work the rest of my life.

I would appreciate any information anyone can give me regarding this. Very confused, disappointed and scared.

I live in New Brunswick Canada. We were married 25 years and I was not permitted to work.

BluSeptember
    Last edited by BluSeptember; 10-12-2005, 10:13 PM.

I think you should contact the superannuation people or look online for their directives. You can find this information at this link.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/hr-rh/bp-rasp/pension_e.asp

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X