After settlement conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After settlement conference

At our settlement conference we came to agree on a few items that came up and we have another date scheduled "to be spoken to". In the meantime we have to come up with some sort of written agreement on the items we have agreed upon. As my lawyer and I have since parted ways, I'm on my own and my lawyer was going to be the one doing this paperwork.
    My question is. Is there any specific paperwork needed for us to have this written agreement out on? From my last time at settlement conference we both just signed a paper and it was written up by my lawyer at that time. This is now our second settlement conference and I'm on my own trying to determine which step I take to getting this at least somewhat completed before our next court date.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Itsabouttime View Post
    At our settlement conference we came to agree on a few items that came up and we have another date scheduled "to be spoken to". In the meantime we have to come up with some sort of written agreement on the items we have agreed upon.
    Did the Judge write up an endorsement/order regarding the issues both parties agreed upon?

If so, the other party's lawyer (if they have one) will probably type it up.

Either way, it would be wise for any party without a lawyer to get independent legal advice before they sign off on the agreement.

Comment

No. Nothing was signed by either party or judge yet.
      Her and I will be on our own to finish these agreements. My lawyer and I just didn't see eye to eye and in the end parted ways.
      There's a chance this case could go to trial. She filed a motion last fall to have our 6mo old final order changed. I've been fighting it since then with involvement of ocl and the whole bit.
      My lawyer pushed me to give in to my ex's requests. Then when we went into see judge he was very surprised I had given into such ridiculous things. Needless to say, I was not impressed with my lawyer afterwards.
      I've been in and out of court for over 2yrs now and for me to keep giving up more time to my ex is ridiculous and just has to stop and the judge basically agreed.
      Now I wish to get the paperwork prepared with the items we both agreed upon prior to our settlement conference so it can be signed and filed in court.
      I just don't know if there's a proper form we need to sign to have it accepted in court.

Comment

It's a little bit to do with money. She's trying to say I should be paying for kids school clothes and their community centre dance classes.
        However....
        What she's really after is reducing custody. Any way possible. Anywhere she possibly can.

Comment

I'll add more details. Why not?

There's a current order that states exact access dates and times for me. At first she wanted to take away my joint custody and reduce access to every other weekend and supervised access because I put my 4 and 7 yr old in a cab without car seat (even if by law it's not required)
          After ocl report stating that I'm a good father and recommends no changes to custody or access, in fact kids expressed to wish to see me more. She now asking to cancel my access if it falls on new boyfriends birthday, early return on Father's Day so kids celebrate with her boyfriend, she was asking to give her parents 2 weeks during summer which cancels some of my summer access
          And to return kids at 6pm instead of 7pm so she can get them to bed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X