This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Through the Holidays

I am so thankful to be getting divorced but holy moly, I'm dreading Christmas this year. Excuse my venting but I need to.

On my list of stuff to worry about:

1. How on-earth am I going to afford it? (Luckily, I think I found out today I can pick up extra hours at work).
    2. I move out of the marital home beginning of the new year (hopefully I won't be homeless cause I still haven't found a place to live) so I'll be engaged in endless packing...Christmas decorations?!? really?!?
    3. I promised myself last year that it was the last year I wasn't ever gonna fake my way through a Christmas with my dbag ex. How am I gonna make it through another one of these? Where the heck am I even gonna have Christmas?

On a good note, cause I have to move out soon..its rushing my divorce along faster..yayyy...and next year is gonna be one very awesome year cause I'll be free...yayyyy!!! Can't wait to plan my divorce party. It will be way nicer than the $100 bucks I spent on my ghetto wedding.

Anyone else dreading the hell out of this holiday this year? How do you deal with it?

Hi P

Yes, I too was dreading Christmas. This will be my first Christmas on my own. Normally Christmas at my house was the gathering of all my children, grandchildren for gift openings, big meal, drinks after supper, evening with tired kiddies falling asleep, hot chocolate ect ect. Because of this separation it has divided my two youngest sons 32 & 33, so at this time they are not very much involved with each other. My other two boys live out of town. Because I was the glue that kept everyone together, it's going to be very difficult to continue. I thought about it long and hard and said to myself, what do you want to do this Christmas? So when my oldest son 41 called me from TO and said "mom why don't you come here for Christmas" I jumped at it. For the first time in my life I am not going to be the one pulling everything together AND I LOVE IT!!!! WOOHOOOO....NO COOKING, NO BAKING, NO DECORATING, AHHHHHHH LIFE IS GOOD. I just told the other 3 boys...sorry I'm out of here, fend for yourselves I'll call you on Christmas Day. I adore my kids but I can honestly say this will be a treat for me. :-)

L

Comment

Dear Santa

Please send;

1. Money to pay bills
      2. New place to live
      3. New dbag

SillyMe

Comment

hahahahahaha...omg that's perfect!

Comment

I need a new tenant for Jan! You should private msg me re: whereabouts you live. Sounds like a great party that you will have! And yeah it's great to be free. I dread xmas as well. Always relieved when it's OVER!!

Comment

Sillyme: Please cross out #3 off the Santa list. Deal with the one first, enjoy yourself, you time alone and then....well, only time will tell.

hadenough: when is it really OVER??? as according to LORAC post, the chidlren are 32, and 33 and it doesn't seem OVER.

Christmas is what you make it out to be. They say "money doesn't bring happiness", but sure helps!

Comment

You can only do what you can do. Last year was my first Christmas without the ex, but my kids still lived at home. This year, hmmm..........., will be different. My kids have moved out and I will be all by myself xmas morning (first time ever!!!). I am doing dinner like I normally do, so I will have everybody here later in the day. I'm just going with the flow and LOVING every minute of freedom!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                I am so thankful to be getting divorced but holy moly, I'm dreading Christmas this year. Excuse my venting but I need to.

On my list of stuff to worry about:

1. How on-earth am I going to afford it? (Luckily, I think I found out today I can pick up extra hours at work).
                2. I move out of the marital home beginning of the new year (hopefully I won't be homeless cause I still haven't found a place to live) so I'll be engaged in endless packing...Christmas decorations?!? really?!?
                3. I promised myself last year that it was the last year I wasn't ever gonna fake my way through a Christmas with my dbag ex. How am I gonna make it through another one of these? Where the heck am I even gonna have Christmas?

On a good note, cause I have to move out soon..its rushing my divorce along faster..yayyy...and next year is gonna be one very awesome year cause I'll be free...yayyyy!!! Can't wait to plan my divorce party. It will be way nicer than the $100 bucks I spent on my ghetto wedding.

Anyone else dreading the hell out of this holiday this year? How do you deal with it?
                F*(k that...I want a hundred dollah ghetto wedding! Seems cheaper and less stressfull than Christmas. And the benefits are much better too! Now if only I had a willing partner.......hmmmm.

Comment

xmas

Xmas is a hard time for alot of people! This year will be the first lonely one for me (even though the other's were lonely to). I will be totally by myself except for my saviour little dog. I do envey all of you out there who have children. They will make your xmas no matter what! Anyway the good way to look at it, more turkey for me and no arguments!!! Lets all try and enjoy it and then after it is gone we get back down to business of trying to make things fair in divorce.

Comment

My first Christmas alone.

I too am worried about Chistmas this year. My kids are 10 and 6, and they will be with Dad on Christmas Eve and I get them back on Christmas Day at noon!

Christmas morning will be hard for me without the kids, but I will just have to make the best of it, and pass the time in the morning by getting the car packed with presents for the kids, pick them up, then head to my parents place for Christmas Dinner......mmmmm my kids, Turkey and no cooking what more could I ask for????

Comment

lmao Blink..you're hilarious.

The good news is that this is the very last Christmas in the same house as my miserable stbx. And you're right...attitude is everything and I have the blessing of lovely children. I'll suck it up...get through it...and next year will be a much brighter new year with the colossal prick that I should have never married out of my life.

Thank you for all the well-wishes everyone and best wishes to all of you!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X