X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned a lot, learning more

Hey

new to forums and fascinated by the quick response to my questions that have been brewing for months.

can't tell you how happy i am to find this forum and look forward to touching base for the next while.

thank you for all your great help so far.

Magpie

Welcome!

Comment

I've been using this forum for over 2 years now. It is a fantastic source of information!

I found doing a "search" often gave me answers immediately...as many, many, many people have already gone thru this process.

Good luck in this whole process.

Comment

Suggest that you..

try to filter out responses from those that are clearly very VERY angry. There will be good advice here, but sometimes the really angry folks are not where you'll get the best advice.

Comment

Thanks
          Yeah, i've done angry and so has my body.
          Funny how when we live from a place of anger and fear and ego, the world gets smaller, more constricted, and hateful. I have noticed that if I spend too much time reading folks' posts i get all constricted and disenchanted. Life sends us serious curve balls and they have the potential to be our teachers as much as they can be our problems. I don't find the latter makes me happy so i keep searching for the lessons and funnily enough, despite the exit for his teenage high school student, the public slander, the lies, the court hearing despite my pleading for restorative justice forums and mediation, the 72K legal bill, the moving, the loss, the grief, the ongoing frustration... i still wake up, make my little pot of coffee and have breakfast with my rosy cheeked little dream kid and think... "ain't life beautiful"...

so the anger won't get us anywhere -- though it is, at times, super appropriate IF we put it in a place that can help make a difference (like letters to MPs and telling our truth about domestic violence instead of hiding the bruises) -- and the sun, thanks to Annie, will come out tomorrow.

Polyanna, aka Magpie

Comment

Recently, my ex took my kids to Taiwan for a month..

.. summer vacation. Never mind that I was supposed to have the kids all of August.. and never mind that she didn't advise schedule until the last POSSIBLE moment to make it as difficult for me to plan as possible. Yes.. it was annoying.. but after some years at this I expected it.. so it didn't affect me as much as I thought it might.

So for sure I was expecting the kids back from Taiwan on August 16.. But what I didn't expect is that my dear ex would send them back alone, at age 15 and 10 AND that she would do so without informing me. The kids are pretty mature and capable for their age, and the airlines do have a program for this, so everything worked out ok.

But when it came time to be angry.. i just didn't have it left any more. All I could do was to shake my head and whisper "my ex is an idiot.. she knows no better" to myself. The anger is gone, though I AM left wondering what I ever saw in this woman. Common sense. Hope.. None there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X