X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDuclos View Post
    Dear all

I just got the paper work from my x for her first case conference. The documentation was 80 plus pages, written by her in point form and letter format. In the documentation there were a number of factual errors, contradictions, misleading information. I had a question as to what I can do when we get into our 1st case conference.

1) She included letters of erotica that were of a "fantasy" in nature. The terminology and scene was hard core. She has now claimed that these were unwanted. However i have documentation that she wanted these letters through bbm in a direct obvious matter. I also have videos, pictures and txt of her performing acts from some of the letters she included. When i get in front of the judge, what do I say to this. I don't want to expose our sexual acts in front of individuals, but I feel that it will taint my case if I don't respond. Can I ask for it to be removed with her responce for more letter of a similar type. Also she is bring other peopls lives that have nothing to do with the case. Can I ask the same or is this just par for the course?

2) She contradicts herself all the way through and I have documentation as to 3 obvious lies about events, character and actions and another 3 statement where she is is misleading the court by leaving out important and obvious information such as dates, recomendations from proffesionals and including an obscure psychiatric disorder that most obviously doesn't apply that she found off the internet. When and where would I bring this up to a judge.

3) I put in a case conference paper. However after this was done I found out other information. Can I resubmit another Case conference for a 2nd case conference? it doesn't change the core of the case conference in major ways, but it does have other request based on comments from our son.

4) is there examples of professional case conferences or other written documents that I can see, so I know what it should look like and contain.

Thx always,

nduclos
    Remember too that case conferences are held on a 'without prejudice' basis. Meaning that the briefs are basically discarded afterwards, and the discussions that occur within cannot be used come trial.

This often seems to lend itself to alot of mudslinging and general BS being included in them. Ignore it. Stick to relevent isues.

A brief should contain the facts of events (like whom is who, the child(s) -if any - age, date of seperation, date of marriage, etc.). Basically it is to give the Judge an idea of the issues, and how he/she might help mediate them in order to prevent trial. After all, thats the whole point of conferences - to try to come to an agreement in order to avoid trial.

Comment

Originally posted by mumster1964 View Post
      maybe the letters are erotic enough that he/she will take the time to read them?

The legal aid said the same, its not relevant and it looks bad on her. Then she blushed a lot and asked if I wrote 50 shades of grey. Also if I could talk to her husband about letter writting. The fact that someone in a suit at a court house loled and jokes made a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by NDuclos View Post
        The legal aid said the same, its not relevant and it looks bad on her. Then she blushed a lot and asked if I wrote 50 shades of grey. Also if I could talk to her husband about letter writting. The fact that someone in a suit at a court house loled and jokes made a difference.

I think that the ONLY way to verify the relevance of these "fantasy stories" is to send them to me and I will review their content....

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
          I think that the ONLY way to verify the relevance of these "fantasy stories" is to send them to me and I will review their content....

LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post

Now, now…there is allot of wisdom on this board. I think he should scan them and, post them for our combined wise feedback…yeah, yeah, thats it...

Comment

Useless without pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                Useless without pics.

Apparently you haven't read Fifty Shades....

The pictures in my imagination do me just fine!!

Comment

hahahahahaha @ the posts on this thread.

You know...I bet the members of this board could make a WHOLE lot of money publishing a compiled list of the funniest crap in our opposing affidavits.

I say we make a website...funniestdivorceallegations.com . We can have a separate tab for these letters...they're a great help to newly separated people spending nights alone....who need some steamy reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                    hahahahahaha @ the posts on this thread.

You know...I bet the members of this board could make a WHOLE lot of money publishing a compiled list of the funniest crap in our opposing affidavits.

I say we make a website...funniestdivorceallegations.com . We can have a separate tab for these letters...they're a great help to newly separated people spending nights alone....who need some steamy reading.
                    I don't disagree at all. The irrelevant matters that a highly conflicted litigant brings forward is quite funny. The fact that judges don't do more about it and the legal system as a whole is concerning. You would think solicitors have an obligation to make sure stupidity doesn't get into affidavit material... It still does.

My favourite stupidity in affidavits is utterances of Satanism. This just demonstrates the extreme irrationality of the person who even puts this to an affidavit. (Yes this does happen.)

If the word "satanist" or "satan" appears in an affidavit it should be an automatic tell-tail sign of who the delusional party is in the litigation. Anyone who would bring satan or satanism into their divorce surely suffers from an Axis II disorder of the personality. Generally Cluster C "anxious types" do this.

The amount of "anxious parents" going before the court requires serious investigation. Overanxious parents are generally "over anxious" people. Generally anxiety disorders are driving the illogical statements. How someone could commit something so "shocking" to an affidavit is beyond me. How a lawyer would let it fly is in my opinion very "concerning" and reflective of the enormous problem in the legal profession as a whole.

The legal system needs to do more to stop/curb the stupidity found before the family courts. It is wasting everyone's time.

More concerning are the "Custody and Access" professionals out there who turn a blind eye to this when doing evaluations. Especially those who are registered clinicians.

Good Luck!
                    Tayken

Comment

This thread's title is just well perfect! Just in case nobody here remembered the $14,000 Frenchman..... can I please be at least PM'd the sex stuff cuz its been so long I forgot!!! But serious now, after accepting that I negligent for requiring knee surgery, neck, a couple of kidneys after one or two too many back rebuilds and if I stop taking so many pain pills for pain I should be able to go back to work "in welding, heavy construction, roofing, mechanics, electrical or plumbing" - because I am good with my hands. (maybe I think she forgot my other talent....brain surgery)

Her, her lawyer, both? - I do not make enough on disability so they feel that if I stop spending money on those pain medications it is fair to increase my income to an extra $700. They wish to retract their first request that my child support payments to her be doubled from the tabled amount for CS be removed for (sorry they discovered that a table amount of NIL equals NIL so that idea didn't work!!) So their new idea is that whatever SS she be forced to pay, that this amount be added to the too low disability income that I do get and by doing so they hope to recoup the majority of SS she does pay out when this new higher figure is used to calculate the CS. (It will hurt my wife so much that my adult children recieve their CS direct as part of my disability program at a rate of 8 times over my table amount as long as they continue to go to school or turn 25).

I will close this off with their final observation that "if I didn't work so hard to support my family for 20 + years she wouldn't now be faced having to begin taking care of it herself"...... (ok, I made that last part up but.....) she wouldn't have been faced with being accused of no less than shifting money thru no less than 32 accounts so my last "factural Error" I shall..... Her last fact is they are now requesting extra costs for my unduly complicating this divorce by requesting the return of the retirement funds, Inheritance and.....more that the bank has verified and that I am frankly Bizarre for trying!!!! I know I am lost of things but to begin "name calling" so early in the process??

Thanks for giving me this slot to let some of this out

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X