X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace, Thank You for your insight!!

Comment

Thats alot..

Sunday.. My heart goes out to you.. for what you are going through...
      We ended up turning our keys to our "dream home" over to the bank after my ex decalred bankruptcy... she was told to hand the keys over to them bank..which was terribly difficult to do....very hard.
      I am now looking at having to go bankrupt from our joint debts..
      Things I am told, do get better,,, but I highly doubt I will ever be the same again....
      Hope that this works out for the better for you...
      Going to be awhile before I get back on my feet....\
      Best of luck to you.
      Aden

Comment

question about ex living in common law relationship

my husband and i have been separated for 5 months after he informed me he was no longer in love with me and wanted to be with someone else. Well he left to be with her, after we had been only living in a house we just bought for 3 months! He retained a lawyer right away to try to force me out of the home with 3 kids. He originally said he would pay the mortgage but that didn't last because the bank called me to tell me that our mortgage is in arrears! He moved his paycheque deposit to another account! I can't believe he would do this, even before we have had a case conference. My mother had also co-signed on the mortage now it may affect her credit. He said to me he wants to cut off all ties, and that he would be happy if i came home from work and that there was a lock on the door (forclosure) Needless to say i have hired a good lawyer who will protect my children and myself. He can't just walk away with no responsibilities, we had been together for 15 years. He is being so vicious, alot of threats, making me feel scared. Hopefully i can get spousal support to keep the house, as there is no equity in it having only owned it for 7 months, we would be penalized from bank, real estate fees, closing costs. He even boasts about his current girlfriend in the documents i get from his lawyer, i guess he has no shame in committing adultry. The sad part is the effect on the children, what he has put them through. Anyway tomorrow is my appointment with my lawyer to put together our case before the judge. I read somewhere that they may consider the income/expenses of the person your spouse is living common law with? They are in a subsidized 2 bedroom apartment with 2 teenagers, he said they are getting a house to accomodate all 5 kids! Good luck. He has also incurred $10,000 in debt in 5 months after separation, he is runing out of credit. I can't wait until this is all resolved in court and then i can stop worrying about things, knowing that FRO will deduct support from his paycheques to help pay mortgage. I don't want alot from him just enough to get by. Sorry for rambling, just had to vent.

Comment

Aden, I know I will never recover from living with satan himself!! I wish you the best of luck too!!

Its amazing how one person can damage so many innocent lives.

Take good care...one day when you least expect it someone special will come into your life and mend your broken heart and soul!!

Comment

Thats too true. Once you actually stop looking for someone else, they will magically "turn up on your doorstep" so to speak

Comment

I hear you

My ex too decided to find himself another woman. With two kids and one on the way it wasn't easy for me to move out (financially). He let me know how his affair was all my fault and is raking me over the coals for choosing to leave, instead of 'forgetting' about his little mistake. We bought a home together, both worked full time yet somehow I am taking him to the cleaners. (So far I have only asked of half of the sale of the home and below guidlines for child support..) He is still there and is refusing to sell. He wants to buy me out but can't and feels that I should wait until he gets his crap together, maybe a year... he feels I owe him that..Meanwhile I am living from credit until this is worked out, and moved out of the house at seven months pregnant, which was no easy task I can assure you. But all I hear is how I have wrecked everything he has worked for and how he is losing 'his' house.... how much 'he' put into it and how I don't deserve half of it anyway....It is really taken it's toll on me and I can sympathize with you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X