Trial in 10 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial in 10 days...

The day has finally come. The prep is insane. Anyone who's been through this have any good advice? This has been 7+ yrs in the making...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear you've finally made it. I've still got a long way to go. I've never been to a trial. Big mistake but I am going for one this time around if I have to. I think WD has his 3rd trial on Monday. He would probably be your best resource.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
      Good to hear you've finally made it. I've still got a long way to go. I've never been to a trial. Big mistake but I am going for one this time around if I have to. I think WD has his 3rd trial on Monday. He would probably be your best resource.

3rd trial?! Oh man. Hopefully I do hear from him. All the best, Trinton! I'm going to attempt to update when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by vocalfather View Post
        3rd trial?! Oh man. Hopefully, I do hear from him. All the best, Trinton! I'm going to attempt to update when I can.

What do you want to hear? If that when you start to prepare for the trial I have to tell you are very late ...

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
          What do you want to hear? If that when you start to prepare for the trial I have to tell you are very late ...

I'm sorry I don't quite follow your comment...

Comment

I'm sorry I don't quite follow your comment...

If trial in 10 day and you just start preparing for the trial you are behind

Comment

If trial in 10 day and you just start preparing for the trial you are behind

I never actually said that at all in this thread. It's all good. Thx WorkingDAD.

Comment

I never actually said that at all in this thread. It's all good. Thx WorkingDAD.

that how I read it. No worries if it all good I wish I have your confidence

Comment

that how I read it. No worries if it all good I wish I have your confidence

No confidence here at all. 7 yrs of hell. Ready for this to be over with. Is it my understanding this is your third trial? I guess I was just hoping to hear from others as to what to expect, etc.

Comment

I would suggest attending and watching trials at your local courthouse if possible. You wouldn't want to be the dear in a headlight.

Comment

I would suggest attending and watching trials at your local courthouse if possible. You wouldn't want to be the dear in a headlight.
                      Yep. That what I was going to say and better on same issue same judge...

Comment

Great suggestions guys but sadly, our court house has the trials on an "on call basis" and only has trial dates for certain times of the year. We are marked priority and likely will be up right away. We also don't find out the judge until a few days before the trial when you are called by the trial coordinator.

Comment

Great suggestions guys but sadly, our court house has the trials on an "on call basis" and only has trial dates for certain times of the year. We are marked priority and likely will be up right away. We also don't find out the judge until a few days before the trial when you are called by the trial coordinator.

Just sitting on Trial observe how lawyer make an argument how judge reacts etc very helpful. If you self-rep you need to read that guide for self-rep that ministry prepared...

Comment

Could still watch motions with same judge or small claim and/ or criminal trials.

Or Family Law Trials at other courts. WD's is on Monday. Let's all go support him LOL.

Could lookup upcomming trials for next day here (Daily Court Lists)

I assume you've already read this trial guide: http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/self...-trials/guide/

A DIY guide by WD after his 3rd trial wouldn't be bad.
                            Last edited by trinton; 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Could still watch motions with same judge or small claim and/ or criminal trials.

Or Family Law Trials at other courts. WD's is on Monday. Let's all go support him LOL.

Could lookup upcomming trials for next day here (Daily Court Lists)

I assume you've already read this trial guide: Representing Yourself at Your Family Law Trial – A Guide | Ontario Court of Justice

A DIY guide by WD after his 3rd trial wouldn't be bad.
                              Funny, I do not think I can write better than this ...
                              Rule#1 stay away.
                              rule#2 - read rule #1

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X