This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arabian View Post
    I never could understand why someone would hook up with a person who is undergoing a high conflict separation/divorce.
    Why would anyone hook up with someone who is married? And yet it happens.

I think there must be a lot of misrepresentation of the truth going on.

Comment

Murphyslaw: your candid 'take' on this topic, from the perspective of the "1st partner or wife" is both accurate and most welcome, by me and a few others on here. We hear a lot from the "next/second/third" partners but very little from people who were on the scene w/our ex's from the beginning (so to speak).

That is not to say that some 2nd partners don't have a hell on wheels ex to deal with (their own and/or their new partner's). Certainly there are instances whereby this occurs, without a doubt.

A man (I'll use man for the purposes of my point, but it goes both ways) who has no respect for women, and has a continual patern of abusive behavior (of any kind) is not simply going to turn into Mr. Wonderful with a new partner. He may change his approach a little, play his games a little differently etc., but that Man, is still THAT man; and if/where he was fundamentally 'broken' and cruel in the first place, then *in my opinion* he cannot be fixed.

Exeptions do occur of course (in depth counseling, etc) - but it is VERY rare. If intelligence and morals ruled the day, we'd all just look at best interests of the children, and more situations would go smoothly and stay out of court. Alas, that way of thinking (to be combative) is the nature of the beast in many humans.. To fight. To create and maintain conflict. To never be satisfied. At the expense of far more than money, but inclusive of it.
      Last edited by hadenough; 07-30-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
        another way to look at it could by like a person with cancer...cut out the cancer and the person continue on a healthy life.

so when the cancer is removed {wife leaves for example} the man can heal and carry on a much more productive life then when he was carrying the cancer......
        Presumably in that case the person would want to ignore the cancer and move on, instead of continually harassing them as much as possible.

Comment

Or in other cases - when the man gets his ass booted to the curb ... The "cancer" is also removed. And how blissful that would be, if the two parted ways and each moved on with their lives without one (or both) trying their best to decimate the other.

10 years "time" w/a jerk. My fault for staying so long (my only regret). 5 years and counting, he continues to screw me over at every turn. Priceless. 15 years of pure torture. To me, that is just inexcusable. He's remarried, has kids. He should enjoy them and not put them thru the shit he does in his quest to screw me over. It's like a sickness/obsession he has.
          Last edited by hadenough; 07-30-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X