Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to go on my gut that they can be introduced, but cannot find immediately the caselaw which would assure...(canlii in nowhere near what other software is )

Comment

Unwanted emails? Simply click the spam or junk mail button and they'll go directly to your bulk mail box and you don't even have to worry about ever seeing them. If you want to keep them for whatever reason but not have to see them, set up a filter so that anything that comes from his email goes into a designated folder and then ignore them until you need them for something.

Comment

lol...or set up an email rule to forward all to his lawyer...lol

Comment

No they do not like that. Her lawyer complained to my lawyer, who called me and laughed about it, but told me not to do it anymore.

Not sure why, but since all that and her last affidavit being found to be full of lies, she has been very nice. Maybe her lawyer had a little chat with her.

Comment

Ahh the good ol *Without Prejudice*...Lemme tell you about this....It means didly honestly. Typically the words are used when two people are trying to amicably negotiate a settlement, so that it cannot be used in court, but a Judge will make a fianal call on whether they can or cannot be used, depending on the content. Most people use it to hide behind feeling it will protect them, and it can be a manipulative tactic. My husbands ex uses it all the time and I have to laugh because we do not use it as we have nothing to hide and everything to gain.

Comment

I'd do nothing at all if I were you.

Emails are a wonderful thing. You can read them, or not, you can respond to them, or not, so there should be no stress on you at all.

They do make great evidence though, if he's threatening and coercive you have written evidence of the kind of person he is, even though he may be perfectly respectable and sensible in court.

I don't think "without prejudice" means they can't be used in court... I think it means that any offers written "without prejudice" can't be taken as final until they are written up in a "with prejudice" document. "Without prejudice" does NOT give him the ability to be abusive or threatening.

DD

Comment

Without Prejudice nd understanding its meaning...Here are some links

http://www.williamsandcompany.ca/doc...prejdueice.pdf

http://www.bennettjones.com/Images/G...update3208.pdf

Hope you find them useful

Comment

All of this advice has been very helpful. I do believe he is trying to give himself an “out” by using “without prejudice”
                  Deputy daddy
                  Until I read your response, this didn’t occur to me, but now seems so perfectly obvious. Stress does that sometimes.

Some of the e-mails have come with a not so obvious subject line, info regarding kids or other topics, and then they morph into these malicious attacks, so I don’t always see it coming. It is only the most recent ones that have “without prejudice” in the subject line, which apparently, he thinks gives him permission to be abusive and threatening.

The part that resonates with me the most is your reference to these e-mails as being evidence indicating what kind of person he is. He is most defiantly seen as perfectly respectable and sensible.

Oh and thanks for the links, to the canlii cases and the explanation for without prejudice, they have been most informative and helpful.

Comment

Occupational Rent = he wants you to pay him rent while you were living in the house after splitting up.
                    Threatening seems to be an occupation many exes like to pursue. Ignore the threats (easier said than done, I know BTDT, and still have to deal with it). Just put all his emails into a separate folder (so you don't have to see them every time you check your emails) and you have record of what he has written if you ever have to use it. Be strong!

Comment

Frusterated...you need to get ahold of the book I am reccomending to those serating and divorcing it was my lifeline and has become my husband's as well ...Its called Joint Custody with a Jerk and althouh the title is hilarious the book is anyhting BUT look it it may help you

Comment

What is a reasonable time for a response especially when it involves concerns, issues about your children? How long do I have to wait before ex has to contact his lawyer first before responding to simple requests which Im not sure why there is a holdup in responding in a timely fashion. The "old him" would have sent some nasty response in minutes but his new lawyer finally got thru to him.
                        Glad someone with sound reason is able to get thru to him.

Comment

Hypothetical question, sorry if Im high jacking again, if your ex has offered more access or an increase, how long would you wait to accept it?

Comment

As well, Frustrated, you are in Alberta (right?) so you will want to contact the courts and register for both the parenting after separation course, as well as the course on communication after divorce. The parenting one is mandatory before a divorce will be granted...the other, as far as I know, is still voluntary, but highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
                              Hypothetical question, sorry if Im high jacking again, if your ex has offered more access or an increase, how long would you wait to accept it?
                              I wouldn't wait too long for fear that it would be rescinded.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X