Served with divorce papers with errirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Served with divorce papers with errirs

Hi. I have 2 questions about being served with divorce papers. My ex has made errors in that both our ages are wrong on the application of divorce although the birthdays are correct. It's an uncontested divorce and I wasn't planning on responding so how do I go about fixing this? I'd rather deal with the court and not him.
    The second question I have concerns any supporting documents he filed with the court. We have a signed separation agreement and I see that he had to file that with the court with his application. Was he supposed to send me all supporting docs that he filed with the court? We had various versions of the agreement before we finally signed. I can only assume he's not stupid enough to file the wrong separation agreement but shouldn't I have received a copy of all the documents he submitted as well? Thanks for your help.

You should have gotten a copy of all the documents. You can fix the errors with an affidavit attached to your reply. They are minor things that are not that important.

The actual sep agreement needs to be there and a copy of the marriage certificate. If they are not simply attach them to your Reply to the Application.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X