This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparents Denied Access

After some time I am posting the recent developments of my case. We were denied access to our two grandchildren after we had a established strong bonds with them from birth. The reason for the denied access was my daughter's hookup with an abusive ex-boyfriend. He used her chidren to manipulate us primarily to control her and for financial gain from us.
    We went to court, the judge gave us access. Now my daughter completely broke her ties with this loser, she and the kids are back living with us temporarily. The court ordered family counselling. We requested access in writing and said documnet to be sanctioned by the court.
    All you nay-sayers, who previously thought it was a losing propositon, keep in mind the "best interest of the child" does truimph, even for grandparents.

Originally posted by Patty60 View Post
    After some time I am posting the recent developments of my case. We were denied access to our two grandchildren after we had a established strong bonds with them from birth. The reason for the denied access was my daughter's hookup with an abusive ex-boyfriend. He used her chidren to manipulate us primarily to control her and for financial gain from us.
    We went to court, the judge gave us access. Now my daughter completely broke her ties with this loser, she and the kids are back living with us temporarily. The court ordered family counselling. We requested access in writing and said documnet to be sanctioned by the court.
    All you nay-sayers, who previously thought it was a losing propositon, keep in mind the "best interest of the child" does truimph, even for grandparents.
    What is the court file number? As it is a matter of public record it would be simple for you to produce the evidence that this is the truth. Furthermore, it would be of benefit to others if you provided the posted decision regarding the matter.

Furthermore, from your past posting and time to this posting is incredibly fast. I am assuming that this decision you won was on an "emergency" filing and matters were brought to trial.

As all court documents are part of the public record you can "prove" your "evidence" you have given here by simply providing the court file number and jurisdiction.

Other than proving that what you are saying is truthful with cogent evidence to the emotional reasoning you are providing it is just a posting on a message board.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

I would be interested in seeing this also... is it possible court was never involved and the daughter just ended up breaking up with the boyfriend and now is back home for the time being? Prove all of us nay-sayers wrong and provide the court file number.

Comment

I'm just jumping in here and didn't read P60's other posts but I do know that Grandparents are being given more consideration these days, than in the past. Also: a lawyer told me that only Superior Court Judgments are posted on CanLii, not OCJ (Provincial) ones. I wish mine was on there: I'd love for ppl to be able to see it.

Comment

Hadenough, that is not true... CanLII - Decisions issued in March 2012

I agree that Grandparents are getting more rights and they should, however the time lines with this OP seem to be very fast to have been to court and already have a decision.

Comment

BernerFaith: Pls PM me and I'll send you my Court File #. I don't know how to use the PM except to reply. Maybe b/c I'm on my BB, I don't know - but I'd love to know if you can view it. Lol: I also don't know how to capture ppl's quotes in my replies - the ones that appear "outlined" when ppl on here are responding point by point to someone's post.

Comment

BF. Thx for that link. Guess that lawyer misinformed me. I checked and FOUND my order/decision. Wow, I had no idea it was on there. I'm glad it's somewhere. It sure isn't w/FRO yet. My apologies for earlier statement: that OCJ decisions were not on CanLii.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                BF. Thx for that link. Guess that lawyer misinformed me. I checked and FOUND my order/decision. Wow, I had no idea it was on there. I'm glad it's somewhere. It sure isn't w/FRO yet. My apologies for earlier statement: that OCJ decisions were not on CanLii.
                Hadenough, if you are comfortable sharing, I would also like to read about your case. The circumstances of it as you described so far on this forum are certainly quite odd/interesting. Please PM me with the details if you are comfortable sharing, thanks (Or would you like me to PM you and you can reply?)

Comment

EXQ; pm me and no I don't mind sharing. Ticks me off that wrong date is on decision (they added an extra day?) and there are typo's (sloppy) but I will give you the info. I had no idea it was on there. Thx BernerFaith.

Comment

Hadenough:

Can you forward that to FRO or does it have to be stamped?

Comment

PH: I wondered that too. I'm pretty sure it needs the all mighty STAMP. I'm about ready to stamp a few foreheads. :s Really need to know if I can get any of this secured.

Comment

Hadenough:

Go to the court house and take a printed out copy of the one you can print out from CanlII, with the actual correct date and file number, they should have zero issue getting you a court copy that should be stamped.

Or contact your lawyer's office and have them do exactly the same thing.

I also wouldn't hestitate to fax/mail the non-stamped copy to FRO in the meantime and tell them you're working on getting the stamped copy.

If you had any other correspondence with someone who was helping you outside of the family court system, I'd follow up with a new letter and with the order attached.

Comment

Thx PH: I sent the non-stamped order w/complete registration pkg and witnessed statement of "new" arrears to FRO on Feb 2nd. Yes I might print out the CanLii decision and go to the clerk's office w/it. I don't know that I'll get anywhere, but it's worth a try. Likely I will be told: you need to speak to your lawyer. Yeahhh. Okay. What Lawyer? The one that doesn't respond? Also: last person I spoke to @fro said they need the "stamped" order. Great. I got a different answer previously from them (when I sent the info @beginning of FEB).
                          Last edited by hadenough; 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Yes, we first had an emergency access granted for Christmas. Then the judge established that we had the best interests of our grandchildren, and we had an established bond with them. He then ordered Skype calls twice a week, plus family counselling and mediation. We have a date for a court conference in August if we do not come to an agreement. Our daughter complied with the court judgement. We are in the process of family counselling. Our daughter did break off with the loser and came home with two kids. Now I am looking after these kids for her, while she restarts her life again. Hubby has helped her move and financially. We are steadfast that we will not settle on less than a legal agreement for access which is court stamped. Once this is all done later in the year, perhaps end of summer, I may post court information on this forum. In the meantime I may write a book to help/inform other grandparents on how to have the court system in Ontario work for them.

Comment

Yes, we first had an emergency access granted for Christmas. Then the judge established that we had the best interests of our grandchildren, and we had an established bond with them.
                              Patty: You've managed to accomplish something that a lot of biological parents can't. There are biological parents on here who didn't get to see their children at Christmas time. Since I have a mother that had been very involved in my children's lives since they were born and hasn't been able to see them much since my separation, I give you kudos.

I hope your daughter stays on the right track and doesn't repeat past behavior.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X