No announcement yet.

Defeating an unfair and biased OCL report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree you need to FIGHT for this, it's not going to be put on your lap.

You have one question to ask yourself. Do you want to be part of your daughters life.

If the answer is yes....Then do it...DON'T ASK

I agree send the email right now. The police will NOT be knocking on your door filing harassment charges.

Also send one to her lawyer.

Comment

• I'm going to send an email right now. Maybe I should stay and what could happen, but I know my ex, she would pull her from concert and my daughter would be suffering for that, and I just don't want that.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
        Send your ex an emailing stating that you attended the school to watch your daughters concert and that the teacher advised you that she was told that Ex was going to pull the child from the concert if you remained. That acting in such a manner is not in the child's best interests and does not facilitate your relationship with the child. And that either empowering or enabling the child to act in such a manner is also unacceptable.

That you expect in future to be able to attend all school activities and other similar functions your daughter is involved in, without fear of the child either refusing to participate or being removed from participating in such activities. That your attendance is strictly in support of the child and as such should be encouraged.
        Thank you hammerdad.

Comment

• Message sent. We'll see what happen, if they answer.

Comment

• Speak with the teacher in question, as them if they could put what they witnessed down on paper.
            Explain that you understand they want to remain neutral and as such the best way to remain neutral is to not take sides but remain neutral. As such a letter stating just what was witnessed would insure they remain neutral.
            If they say that it wouldn't then indicate the following.

If they don't want to write a letter, they state that their in action is taking sides. By not stating what you observed and stating what the child went through you are enabling the what happened and taking a position that what happened is ok. That by definition is taking sides.
            If on the other hand you were simply a neutral observer of the event, then simply stating the events is remaining neutral and objective.

Would you please write a letter?

Comment

• I certainly will do that, I'll go to the principal to request that. Thanks involvedad75.

Comment

• Go to the teacher first. Don't escalate it unless it has to be.

You'll catch more flies with sugar than vinegar.

Comment

• Good point, sugar first, then vinegar LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by paco View Post
                    Good point, sugar first, then vinegar LOL

My first hand experience with schools is that they wont help you in any way. A neutral party? I highly doubt it. Even with presenting the same agreement my ex did. They refused to allow me to take my child because the ex demanded that they call her first. They refuse to give me any information about our child and repeatedly tell me " you need to ask mom for this, we cannot provide this to you" and guess what happens when I ask mom?

I have escalated it up to the Supervisor of that school board and I get the same response." you need to go through the courts "

And I have joint custody. BS. She plays so much interference its not even funny. the best thing for my child is to not attend extra curricular activities unless on my time. She makes false allegations against me and Im afraid the next time she will try to call the cops. I record everything but Im worried that the cops wont care.

Just be careful. You may have the right to your child, but that means nothing when the mother is nutso.

Comment

• I guess your right, unfortunately for kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
                        My first hand experience with schools is that they wont help you in any way. A neutral party? I highly doubt it. Even with presenting the same agreement my ex did. They refused to allow me to take my child because the ex demanded that they call her first. They refuse to give me any information about our child and repeatedly tell me " you need to ask mom for this, we cannot provide this to you" and guess what happens when I ask mom?

I have escalated it up to the Supervisor of that school board and I get the same response." you need to go through the courts "

And I have joint custody. BS. She plays so much interference its not even funny. the best thing for my child is to not attend extra curricular activities unless on my time. She makes false allegations against me and Im afraid the next time she will try to call the cops. I record everything but Im worried that the cops wont care.

Just be careful. You may have the right to your child, but that means nothing when the mother is nutso.
                        If you have joint custody, then take that agreement to the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                          If you have joint custody, then take that agreement to the school.
                          I have, several times. They rejected me and I had the police called to interpret it and they wont get involved. Seems like no one wants to get involved with an agreement that is not even court ordered or registered to the courts.

I have had the judge drill me during a case conference because I wanted to take my son out of Summer Camp 2pm instead of the time the mother wrote on a calendar that she provided to them but did not give me a copy all while our child was in My Care as per a Court Order.

And keep in mind that you find a lot of lies and false allegations and false statements and or purposely misinterpreted emails/text without fully disclosing a conversation and its entirety.

Nothing matters unless you have a Court Order Agreement which specifically states Police Interference and even then they might not do anything.

We can thank the family courts and their lengthy process and the legal agendas of others who are given good advise by their attorneys who are not thinking about the childs best interest. Coincidence?

Comment

I have, several times. They rejected me and I had the police called to interpret it and they wont get involved. Seems like no one wants to get involved with an agreement that is not even court ordered or registered to the courts.

I have had the judge drill me during a case conference because I wanted to take my son out of Summer Camp 2pm instead of the time the mother wrote on a calendar that she provided to them but did not give me a copy all while our child was in My Care as per a Court Order.

And keep in mind that you find a lot of lies and false allegations and false statements and or purposely misinterpreted emails/text without fully disclosing a conversation and its entirety.

Nothing matters unless you have a Court Order Agreement which specifically states Police Interference and even then they might not do anything.

We can thank the family courts and their lengthy process and the legal agendas of others who are given good advise by their attorneys who are not thinking about the childs best interest. Coincidence?
                            Does your agreement just say joint custody?

Does it specifically state that you have access to ALL information.

Have you tried to contact the privacy commissioner?

Comment

• ^

" HE and HER shall have Joint Custody of the child, the child shall primarily reside with HER, and HE will shall have Liberal Access upon reasonable notice "

That's our custody agreement. And for the last 2 yrs it means absolutely nothing. She took away my "liberal access" which included having regular access to my son more then twice a week. She also took away all decision making. And "coincidence " has it that this began the moment she retained her lawyer. I try anything she threatens to call the cops. Im blocked from his school, his summer camp. When I used to attend extra curricular activities, whenever our child would want to come to me she pulled him back and wouldn't let him. She went as far as pulling him into a women s washroom rather then letting me take him into the mens.

Am I doing the right thing by being patient and not attending and or interfering? My heart tells me to do what I gotta do to be his father, but my mind is telling me that If I try then I ll regret it in court.

sorry for opening up a bit.

Comment

^

" HE and HER shall have Joint Custody of the child, the child shall primarily reside with HER, and HE will shall have Liberal Access upon reasonable notice "

That's our custody agreement. And for the last 2 yrs it means absolutely nothing. She took away my "liberal access" which included having regular access to my son more then twice a week. She also took away all decision making. And "coincidence " has it that this began the moment she retained her lawyer. I try anything she threatens to call the cops. Im blocked from his school, his summer camp. When I used to attend extra curricular activities, whenever our child would want to come to me she pulled him back and wouldn't let him. She went as far as pulling him into a women s washroom rather then letting me take him into the mens.

Am I doing the right thing by being patient and not attending and or interfering? My heart tells me to do what I gotta do to be his father, but my mind is telling me that If I try then I ll regret it in court.

sorry for opening up a bit.
                                I can see why the school is giving you issues. I can also understand the stress of taking it to court and getting a worse deal.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X