Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the City

Question for everyone if they have time;

I have a court order stating that in order to leave the city with our child, I need to provide an itinerary and a phone number.

Heres my question;

If I send a quick email stating;

I am going to x, will be back within the day but most likely gone for a few hours, I have my cell phone with me

Would that be sufficient to satisfy the courts requirements? Or do we need mutual consent in this situation?

I personally dont care if she wants to take our child for a day trip to the rockies or another town in the province, even if she wanted to spend a night or two I wouldnt really care so I dont mind if she wants to do these things provided I know where hes at and that I can reach her.

On the flip side, that courtesy doesnt seem to go both ways.

So, in the event I wanted to take our child for a fishing trip or just a trip to a provincial park or something, how should I approach this?

Thanks in advance,

If your order is as you stated it you are merely required to inform her that you are bringing your child out of town with the supporting itinerary. Mutual consent is not required as the order explicitly states that you are to inform, not obtain consent. If she denied access due to an itinerary then it's a different case.

Second the courtesy does not go both ways as your order only states that you hare to inform your ex of out of town travel,

Hope that helps!

Comment

The order states both parents need to inform the other if we choose to leave town on our respective parenting times.

Thanks for clearing this up, that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGreen View Post
        The order states both parents need to inform the other if we choose to leave town on our respective parenting times.

Thanks for clearing this up, that makes sense
        Inform doesn't mean you need consent. It just means you tell the ex.

I would send an email to the ex stating that, per clause X of the order, you are informing them that you are taking the child to Y location. Your departure date will be A and your return date will be B. That you can be reached on your cell phone # (and if you are staying at a hotel, give that number as well).

If you are going for a fishing trip, you give the ex the location and your cell # as that will be the only means of contacting the kid.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X