4 way conference/settlement meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 way conference/settlement meeting

im considering whether a 4way conference would help resolve some things or is a waste of time. Did you do a 4-way? Was it useful or helpful in finishing a settlement?

I suppose it would be what your issues are and how reasonable each party is. Some people have their heels so buried in a position that they feel they are so right and only a Judge would understand their position.

Also how long have you been trying to resolve your issues on your own?

I am on a tight budget, so I look at it if it would be a waste of legal fees. How much would the meeting cost me vs how much it would cost to have a Judge decide. Of course having a Judge decide would be more costly, but at least I wouldnt have wasted the money on a 4 way conference.

Comment

i am really on the fence. It has been a year and nothing is settled. Part of that was a big chunk of time waiting for disclosure. it was suggested to me that it might be quicker and cheaper than sending copious emails back and forth about little things. I;m paying for each email back and forth from me to my lawyer and my lawyer to the other lawyer, then other laywer back to my lawyer, then my lawyer back to me about what other party said. It is just ridiculous. I would rather meet ex just ourselves and hash it out, and at least maybe get some parts of it done, even if didnt agree on everthing, but that will never happen. Maybe it will help understanding just where other party is coming from, even if dont solve all issues I hope some are solved. But I also worry the 2 big issues wont be solved and still end up going futher, in which case maybe it will have been all a waste of time and money. I wanted to do mediation at first and ex declined, but I see now if we had, it just would have been a waste of time anyways, so maybe this would be a waste of time too. i feel like I should try at least once though. Not sure what to do.

Comment

My lawyer doesnt do emails back and forth, she says its not worth it with some clients because it simply racks up their bills and ends up going in circles.

Maybe worth a shot to try and meet without lawyers and see what you can do to understand each others positions and try and move forward, at least with the smaller issues.

Ask Arabian about Arbitration that may be a route to try. I Pm'd her a few times, and she has been more than generous with sharing her experience and guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          My lawyer doesnt do emails back and forth, she says its not worth it with some clients because it simply racks up their bills and ends up going in circles.
          Your lawyer is right. Good choice BTW. Letters are useless.

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          Ask Arabian about Arbitration that may be a route to try. I Pm'd her a few times, and she has been more than generous with sharing her experience and guidance.
          Arbitration is the way to go. 4-ways are another way for lawyers to rack up business.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X