This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra curricular fee's

As part of the gym program at school, the children are signed up for swimming and gymnastics which they will attend one hour per week during school. My X says I have to pay pro rata for this. I say it is part of the child support she receives from me as I pay full child support.
    Is there a fine line with this?
    I do pay pro rata all after school expenses such as hockey, swimming, ect.
    But now she is insisting on the during school activites.

How much are we talking here?

I don't know the details here, but this sounds like regular gym class, and the kids are simply required to pay the fees associated with this? I'd think this is akin to having to pay so much per week, to participate in a "hot meal/pizza" day at the school.

Or having to pay $10 now and then, for a field trip, because the kids are going somewhere as part of school, for the day.

I would say, this is covered by child support you already pay. Depending on the amounts involved, you may or may not want to argue over it.

Comment

Unless it's some huge amount, then from what you describe this would be covered by your CS.

Simply send your ex an email stating that your understanding is that the amounts for the "in school" components are covered by CS.

If it were some rare occurrence (ie. the kid is on a team that does very well and have to travel for provincial championships or something) then that would be a different matter. But normal "fees" associated to school such as this...covered by CS all the way.

I know it sounds trivial, but once you do it once, you can expect a never ending battle over this nickel and dime crap because you foolishly set a precedent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X