This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *headdesk* /rant

Latest and greatest email from the ex. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

I mean, threatening the school....like sheesh....Show of hands...who else LOVES Mondays?

-----------------

Principal:

It has been brought to my attention that when %child% tries to phone me, their mother from school that your secretary is calling and running it by Mr. NBDad.

NBDAD's NOTE; I'm the primary parent. Her access times are explicitly OUTSIDE school hours, and the school is under strict instruction to follow their contact process and the court order given the accusations that have been made previously

Let me clear this up for you. I have Joint Custody check your paper work. There is nothing in the order stating that the children can not have phone contact with me. I find this completely unacceptable. We have had several of these conversations about the children having contact with me and their teachers having contact with me.

NBDAD's NOTE: The school's own contact process outlines who to call and in what order. She's never been prevented from having contact with the teachers, it's been encouraged all along

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that you are over stepping your boundaries You might want to reconsider your position with the school if can't be objective. I am currently waiting for a call back from not only the superintendent of the school board as well as my lawyer Mr. $Numbnuts.

I would also like you to know that the children no longer feel safe coming to you or their teachers when they need help with something so again. Thank you for that.

If any of my children try or want to call me I expect that they will be given access to a phone and be allowed to call. If I hear again from the children that they were refused I will be taking further action.

-----------------

I responded, outlined exactly what had happened, and WHY the school was told to not let the call proceed. Then I offered to speak with the superintendent on behalf of the principal if necessary as *I* was the one who told them not to allow the phone call.

Ex then fired off several emails to her lawyer and to the superintendent over it.

/popcorn

Just waiting to see what response we'll get (if any).

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
    Latest and greatest email from the ex. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

I mean, threatening the school....like sheesh....Show of hands...who else LOVES Mondays?

-----------------

Principal:

It has been brought to my attention that when %child% tries to phone me, their mother from school that your secretary is calling and running it by Mr. NBDad.

NBDAD's NOTE; I'm the primary parent. Her access times are explicitly OUTSIDE school hours, and the school is under strict instruction to follow their contact process and the court order given the accusations that have been made previously

Let me clear this up for you. I have Joint Custody check your paper work. There is nothing in the order stating that the children can not have phone contact with me. I find this completely unacceptable. We have had several of these conversations about the children having contact with me and their teachers having contact with me.

NBDAD's NOTE: The school's own contact process outlines who to call and in what order. She's never been prevented from having contact with the teachers, it's been encouraged all along

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that you are over stepping your boundaries You might want to reconsider your position with the school if can't be objective. I am currently waiting for a call back from not only the superintendent of the school board as well as my lawyer Mr. $Numbnuts.

I would also like you to know that the children no longer feel safe coming to you or their teachers when they need help with something so again. Thank you for that.

If any of my children try or want to call me I expect that they will be given access to a phone and be allowed to call. If I hear again from the children that they were refused I will be taking further action.

-----------------

I responded, outlined exactly what had happened, and WHY the school was told to not let the call proceed. Then I offered to speak with the superintendent on behalf of the principal if necessary as *I* was the one who told them not to allow the phone call.

Ex then fired off several emails to her lawyer and to the superintendent over it.

/popcorn

Just waiting to see what response we'll get (if any).

NBDad...I feel for you bro...thats downright Bi-polar behaviour if anything (your ex's)...

hang in there...you know, in reality...just speak to the principal directly (if you can)...I wouldn't get into a huge response really...Let the ex make herself look like the dummy (for lack of a better word). :P

Comment

Did she actually CC you? Or did the principal send it to you? What a piece of work.

I feel for you, the school administration and her lawyer actually. I can imagine her lawyer wanting to cry having to act in the best interests of the client and that would be to knock some sense into her, but of course lawyers can't do that.

Comment

Reading this...this could be a letter my ex would write. Brother... She sure isn't helping herself, in regards to the school.

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
          Did she actually CC you? Or did the principal send it to you? What a piece of work.

I feel for you, the school administration and her lawyer actually. I can imagine her lawyer wanting to cry having to act in the best interests of the client and that would be to knock some sense into her, but of course lawyers can't do that.

I'm guessing the principal or the secretary told NBDad about it...I can't see the crazy ex CCing him!!..

I'd be in SHOCK if his ex's lawyer agrees with the ex on her move to write the principal a letter...thats just crazy all through!!

There's LOTS of stuff I've been DYING to resond to the ex about her disclosures, letters coming from her lawyer going to mine stating this and that (all downright childish to be honest) and I've just wanted to load my gun and FIRE back!!..(This is all before the Case conference)

My lawyer stated "no...let them rant..let them say their lies"!!...I was like "really...you sure??"

Sure enough, come case conference, when we sat in front of the judge...he read both our briefs and pretty much laid into the stbx and her lawyer about the childish details they placed in thier brief!!

I heard "these are irrelevant" numerous times!! :P

glad I let my lawyer convince me not to respond.

Comment

No, I was definitely CC'd by the ex. Privacy laws would prevent the principal from sending it to me or discussing it in any form otherwise.

My response follows (again, names and context edited to protect the guilty and/or stupid as the case may be):

----------
            Principal:

I believe the incident that $nutbar is referring to would be the one of DATE in where kidlet had asked to call her mother to ask her to bring money to her for the school's EVENT. As I believed that request was unwarranted as kidlet hadn't even brought it to my attention, I denied the request. I was also aware that the children were to be seeing their mother the very next day (Wed) and that would be the more appropriate time to raise such a request, especially given the EVENT ran several days past.

I believe that you and your staff did follow proper procedure, in that requests of an non emergency nature that occur on my days with the children, I am to be notified prior to their mother. Had the same occurred on one of $NUTBAR's days I would believe that proper procedure would be to contact $NUTBAR first. I understand that in an emergency or even something needing more immediate attention, that you would contact $NUTBAR should I not be available and vice versa.

As you are well aware $NUTBAR and I are are yet again involved in a bitter custody dispute, and I believe $NUBAR is simply trying to intimidate and leverage any accusation she might possibly be able to in a vain attempt to use against me. I apologize that you and your staff have become victims in this matter.

Should you need me to speak to the school board or superintendent on your behalf in this matter to assure them that you and your staff did follow proper procedures, I would be more than happy to.

NBDAD

and yes, I REPLY ALL'd on it so the ex received a copy of it.

Also, I did go and speak to the principal a little bit ago about it. The school has an acceptable use policy for the office phone, and calling X to ask Y doesn't qualify. It's use is supposed to be limited to things like "I forgot my lunch at home" or "I'm sick and have to go home early".

In any event, I reiterated to the principal the existing order, as well as my offer to speak directly with the district if necessary. I have tried very hard to keep the school a neutral/safe zone for the kids. I have had to bring the heavy guns (ie. the damn overpriced lawyer) in to fix similar problems before, and I have no issues with doing it again if I need to. THAT is an issue worth fighting for imo.

Comment

Just to show you things aren't all that bad for you:

I won 'religion' in our last whirl about with the courts.

Yesterday, at the age of 7, my son was finally baptised. I arranged it all, and paid all the required fee's.

I am currently under my 4th recognicance having being arrested and charged yet again for false accusations. My conditions do not allow direct or indirect contact - and I am to be no closer than 100 meters to my ex.

She was aware of the baptism, and showed up after mass to attend. That in itself is no big deal. In fact I encouraged it. However, I also made it clear she would need to make arrangments with a Justice of the Peace to alter my conditions on a one time basis so that we might both be able to be there.

She failed to do so, and showed up anyway.

I was obligated to leave the event, or face possible further charges. So I left.

bitter much? Some people just have to have drama in their life...

Comment

Meh...I'm close to double digit false allegations to child protection. I've been accused of everything under the sun.

You should have had someone ask the ex to leave the event, given she had not made the necessary arrangements to be able to be there peaceably.

Comment

No, but I have been accused of repeatedly sexually harrassing her. Including:

via text (when I didn't have a cellphone/device capable of texting at that time)

via email (from an address that isn't mine, and at a time when I wasn't anywhere near a computer)

I do no communication except via email. She doesn't have my cell number, and any face to face contact is done with another adult present.

Oddly, I haven't been accused of this since I implemented these measures

Comment

Talk about going gangster on you.....I love how she threw it in there that "the kids no longer feel safe coming to you for anything......" did the kids actually say that or is that just another figment of her pea-brain imagination?
                    I highly doubt the kids said that. I more suspect it was something along the lines of they were told the proper use for the school office phone and they know they aren't supposed to use it for these kinds of frivolous things.

She's saying that to try and argue for her best case scenario. (ie. the wishy washy assessor comes back with 50-50 for her). In that case, I suspect we'll see her try and leverage this latest to try and argue for a change of school.

Comment

Stupid is as stupid does. There's no explaining it. Just trudge on.

Comment

Oh I know that full well. It's just...frustrating at times. I'm out of pocket well over 100,000 in the last 4 years over her foolishness. That would be a HELL of a down payment on a house.

Comment

NBDad - she's a nut job. I feel for you.....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X