This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do I have to wait?

In mid July I sent my ex an offer to settle his motion to vary our existing separation agreement. I haven't heard anything!

How long do I need to wait? Is there anywhere that states - "jerk has 30 days to respond or else?"

I want the motion dismissed and I plan on asking for costs. This motion was (of course IMO) frivolous and stupid.

We attended one case conference and the Judge actually looked up and asked my ex why the heck we were all here?

Did you send the offer WITH PREJUDICE or WITHOUT PREJUDICE and did you tack a "response required by" date on it?

If you didn't put an expiration date on the offer...then he has until whenever to respond to it...keep pushing for the motion to have it settled and by all means ask for costs if it's without merit.

Comment

thanks for the quick response!

It was sent in letter form marked "without prejudice". And now that I look at the letter, nope - no deadline date. My lawyer sent out a quick "what's up?" letter a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing as well.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X