Step Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Dad

Anyone have any experience when dealing with your ex's new spouse and childs step parent who is inappropriately parenting and butting in with situations that me and my ex wife and working through with our child?

Ex's new husband does not understand boundaries and interferes with our mutual parenting choices for our son. He offers unsolicited advice to me and punishes our son, which is in and of itself inappropriate, but parents and diciplines very differently then me and my ex. I am not pleased that he is involving himself at all, but he is doesn't see anything wrong with taking on the role.

Originally posted by RunningMan View Post
    Anyone have any experience when dealing with your ex's new spouse and childs step parent who is inappropriately parenting and butting in with situations that me and my ex wife and working through with our child?

Ex's new husband does not understand boundaries and interferes with our mutual parenting choices for our son. He offers unsolicited advice to me and punishes our son, which is in and of itself inappropriate, but parents and diciplines very differently then me and my ex. I am not pleased that he is involving himself at all, but he is doesn't see anything wrong with taking on the role.
    I think its up to your ex to tell him to back off. I have a feeling your ex sees nothing wrong with what he is doing or she would have set him straight.

Comment

Should he insert himself into a conversation/email about parenting, you advise him that, while he is free to discuss his positions with your ex, he is not a party to the matter and as such you won't include him in any of your replies. That parenting decisions will be made between you and your ex, as you are the individuals listed on the custody agreement/order and, more importantly, the child's parents.

Outside that, there isn't much you can do. Your ex is allowing her new partner to involve herself. You need to be clear to the ex that his involvement in the actual conversation between the two of you is inappropriate and you won't be including him in parenting conversations.

Then try to keep all communication to email as much as possible. Only reply to the ex. The less face to face time, the less chance you have to run into these problems.

Comment

just tell him that if he continues interfering with the upbringing your child, he is going to be accountable for child support.

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
          just tell him that if he continues interfering with the upbringing your child, he is going to be accountable for child support.
          Hehe, good one.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X