Links re: ejaculation and abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links re: ejaculation and abortion

Ok so lets the guy ejaculates, let's say it was a ONS or they are broken up the week later... Is it considered "reasonable/normal" or a woman in that state to not get an abortion? I am assuming if you are having casual sex you aren't that conservative or religious to be against abortion.

Would you prefer to keep a "fatherless" child and fight for child support etc....

If I knew I were going to get divorced I don't think I would have had kids (as much as I love my kids).

Trying to actually understand how this situation comes about... is it irresponsibility on both parties?

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
    It's a serious question...

I am trying to understand what guy willingly gets a girl pregnant and then wants nothing to do with the child or mother?

I mean, do they know about the pregnancy and ask the girl to have an abortion and she refuses?
    Does he just ignore her the night after?

Its a bit weird....
    its not a serious question at all. Its just your typical way of thinking. That all women are out to trap and live off a man.

Comment

Ok so lets the guy ejaculates, let's say it was a ONS or they are broken up the week later... Is it considered "reasonable/normal" or a woman in that state to not get an abortion? I am assuming if you are having casual sex you aren't that conservative or religious to be against abortion.

Would you prefer to keep a "fatherless" child and fight for child support etc....

If I knew I were going to get divorced I don't think I would have had kids (as much as I love my kids).

Trying to actually understand how this situation comes about... is it irresponsibility on both parties?
      My thoughts:

Some women don't believe in having abortions, for completely non-religious reasons. Some women may actually want a child, despite the state of their relationship, or lack thereof. Some women may not believe a man would completely vanish on a child. Some women may be terrified of surgery. Some women may be young and scared and in denial.

I think (most) men who have casual sex blithely assume that there won't be a pregnancy, no matter how much or how little effort he puts into prevention. When a pregnancy occurs, they then assume that the woman will 'take care of it' herself, meaning either abortion or solo parenting with no support from him.

I think (most) women who have casual sex blithely assume that there is always a chance there may be a pregnancy, no matter how much or how little effort she puts into prevention. They assume that if a pregnancy occurs, the guy is responsible enough to either respect her choice to have an abortion, or step up and help support the child.

I understand what you are saying though, because I, too, would not have chosen to have children had I known their father and I would end up divorced. Actually, I would have chosen not to even get married to him. I assume I would have met someone else and had equally wonderful but different children, or have been childless but perhaps avoided the pain of infidelity and divorce.

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      its not a serious question at all. Its just your typical way of thinking. That all women are out to trap and live off a man.
      It's a serious question...

I am trying to understand what guy willingly gets a girl pregnant and then wants nothing to do with the child or mother?

I mean, do they know about the pregnancy and ask the girl to have an abortion and she refuses?
      Does he just ignore her the night after?

Its a bit weird....
      An irresponsible guy. All of us responsible and diligent people have trouble understanding the other side. You have to deal with that sort of person as they really are though, not as you would wish them to be.

In a perfect world, conception wouldn't occur unless both parents were ready, willing and able to be good parents together. Needless to say, the world isn't perfect and nor are people.
      Last edited by Rioe; 05-08-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Well, hes not the only one responsible for using condoms. Women are equally as responsible for using protection. It works both ways.

Comment

According to our legislation, child support is the right of the child. Both parents are responsible for a child they may intentionally or unintentionally bring into the world.

The act of intercourse may result in pregnancy. Therefore participants are equally responsible for the consequences of their actions.

I do not believe there are any exceptions to this. Abstinence is the only "option."

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
            I don't appreciate this at all. You are continuously trying to paint me with a brush as a sexist or something.

I am just trying to understand who would give birth to a child knowing the father doesn't want it and does not want to love or support it (the child)... Is it just the edge case of the person who has casual sex but is against abortion?

Is this something as a society we consider as favourable?

Comment

intentionally
              The law is clear, that isn't what I am asking.

The issue I have is - As a parent who wants to love your future child do you knowingly bring it in to this world hated, unwanted and fatherless and then attempt to oblige that person to financially support your choice?
              Last edited by Links17; 05-08-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Any woman here against early term abortion for non-religious reasons?

Comment

I know a young woman who really wanted to have a child. When she did become pregnant she likely had hopes and dreams, like anyone else in her situation, that future would be good. I believe that the young woman simply did not have any comprehension of the cost of raising a child. Now the grandparents pay for pretty much everything.

Some people go through with pregnancy for many reasons.... hoping the father will 'come to his senses and commit to a relationship (change)' and others simply want to have a child regardless if the father is in the picture or not.

In the end though, if someone participates in sex and it results in pregnancy, they will be responsible for the child for the next 20+ years - like it or not. It is not really debatable.

What I fail to understand is how a woman, who is already struggling with one or two children, goes ahead and has more children. I think I'd opt for having my tubes tied if I found I had no self-restraint so as to not put myself and my children into a deeper financial abyss. That's just my personal view though. Others may have religious convictions that propel them to have many children even if the father isn't around?

Not everyone thinks ahead.

Comment

Any woman here against early term abortion for non-religious reasons?

I believe that pregnancy prevention is a much more palatable approach to birth control. Males and females can have surgical procedures (tubal ligation/vasectomy), take birth control or abstain from sex.

Comment

The issue I have is - As a parent who wants to love your future child do you knowingly bring it in to this world hated, unwanted and fatherless and then attempt to oblige that person to financially support your choice?
                      Well hopefully the Mom loves the child and chose to have the child regardless of financial support that might be available. But then again people do not often realize how expensive it is to raise a child.

Comment

Bringing a child into the world, knowingly, doesn't mean the child is hated or unwanted. Mother will love the child unconditionally. Yes the sperm donor is obligated to financially support the child.

There is also the option of adoption. There are many people who cannot have children and who would love to adopt.

Comment

Links re: ejaculation and abortion

Part of me is with Links on this one. Thats not to say I agree kids dont deserve support. Thats saying that adults know better. You cant turn around and say "well he didnt take responsibility for protection". This is the 21st century. What happened to "no glove no love"? If youre in a long term relationship with someone you know there are risks. You also can tell whether a person is committed enough to follow through on being a parent. I have to believe there was at least one conversation before this point. Then you have an idea of whether youre dealing with a selfish prick or not. When it comes out positive and he turns around and says f you Im not doing anything for this kid, you have to decide if you can manage that or not. Hes proven how undependable he is and then you have to fight for support. When he shirks that responsibility youre left hanging again.

Everyone has to be responsible. As a woman I take responsibility for what happens to me and my body. I know the risks unprotected sex has and I also knew that I couldnt afford a child on my own ergo I didnt do anything to jeopardize that.

ETA i have a friend who has an ex who pulled that pregnant to keep him. He knows how stupid he was for not using protection. He also loves his kid immensely and has provided for her handsomely. His ex had to step up too though. She was a lazy spoiled party girl. She learned very quickly! Like I said, responsibility!
                          Last edited by rockscan; 05-08-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                            Well, hes not the only one responsible for using condoms. Women are equally as responsible for using protection. It works both ways.
                            Yes but he is responsible for his own actions and preventative measures. If he doesn't want a child then he better use protection. He cannot control what the woman does in regards to birth control.

Where is the whole aspect of personal responsibility in all this?

Comment

Drive 120km/h get a 200$ ticket.

Use no glove.... then tell the mom -
                              "Hey I understand your pregnant but I really really really dont want to be a
                              father" - we're talking early abortion (not crazy late-term stuff)

Mom turns around and says "Screw you, pay child support, don't see the kid"

The father in this story pays $100,000 over his lifetime in child support - but that isn't even the issue.

The issue to me is more that if the mom KNEW they dad didn't want this to happen and she went through with it anyways.... Isn't that straight up asshole behaviour? "Just" because it is "her" body...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X