This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanaryMom View Post
    No Gary, I am having too much fun waiting for you idiots, you in particular, to go away. This is more fun than I've had in a long time! No wonder you all took so long to get through the legal system...and were taken for all you had; you're morons who simply aren't smart enough! I applaud all your ex's for their ability to keep you going, just as I have!

FYI: This material is going to present wonderfully for my thesis.
    Yeah, you ,must be very VERY proud that you'll never ever support yourself. It must take a very strong woman to not be capable of supporting herself. It's been 7 years and you've been living a miserable existance focussed on your ex husband the entire time and trying to draw him into your sad, sorry little hate-filled world. You got exactly what you deserved: a lifetime of obsession with someone who can't stand to be near you. I'm sure it's worth every cent he pays you to stay the hell out of his life.

Comment

• Keep dancing puppets!

Comment

• Originally posted by motherbear4 View Post
        Holy crap! I wish I could print a copy of this and send it to my ex! He'd come out in defense of her and send me a reply as to why! And I completely agree dear CanaryMom, you do indeed need a very specially trained expert!
        What did you say? I can't understand anything you write! Go TO SCHOOL!!!! Read a book, do something, but please, don't continue to write on a public forum. Yikes!

Comment

• Thesis. Thanks for your input!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rioe View Post
            Well, I'm glad to hear that it's over for you, and that you feel good about moving on with your life. Did you accept your ex's offer, or do we get to read about your case on canlii?

The rest of this thread would have been locked a long time ago if this forum was moderated. Whatever happened to our senses of self-moderation?
            I can't wait to read about it on CanLII myself and for the OP to provide the case number and jurisdiction so I can read the entire court file.

Comment

What did you say? I can't understand anything you write! Go TO SCHOOL!!!! Read a book, do something, but please, don't continue to write on a public forum. Yikes!
              Here are some book recommendations for you:

Tug of War by Justice Brownstone.
              Its All Your Fault by William Eddy.
              High Conflict People in Legal Matters by William Eddy.
              Understanding the Borderline Mother: Helping Her Children Transcend the Intense, Unpredictable, and Volatile Relationship by Dr. Lawson.

The World of the Borderline Mother--And Her Children | Psychology Today

Good Luck!
              Tayken

Comment

• Originally posted by motherbear4 View Post
                Holy crap! I wish I could print a copy of this and send it to my ex! He'd come out in defense of her and send me a reply as to why! And I completely agree dear CanaryMom, you do indeed need a very specially trained expert!
                Really??? Before you start crawling over another poster -and from reading your few posts on this forum -I have to ask if you actually have anything intelligent to say? Your initial posts about your 2nd ex (supposedly narcissitic according to you - I know, it's all his fault), and a bunch of rugrats throw you into the same ballpark as canary.

and slug.. well, just read his past history here. It speaks for itself.

I have yet to figure out canary, I think she came in here with the wrong attitude and to her detriment, doesn't seem to be changing her attitude - but seeking ss from a past spouse is certainly not unique nor worthy of spitefulness, particularly when you don't know her story. When you yourself are collecting cs from numerous fathers....and... let me guess - CCB, tax credits, unemployment, welfare (cause you aren't working, are you?), do you really want to throw a stone?
                Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                  I have yet to figure out canary, I think she came in here with the wrong attitude and to her detriment, doesn't seem to be changing her attitude - but seeking ss from a past spouse is certainly not unique nor worthy of spitefulness, particularly when you don't know her story.
                  Welcome to the Internet. If the OP wants to provide insight into their story they can. But, when the story changes as it has been it is hard to believe anything the OP says.

The story should be cogent and relevant and based on "objective facts" and not "emotional reasoning". I find that the people who help on this site respond better to cogent relevant and objective facts. Emotional reasoning doesn't get you very far with the folks on here.

Good Luck!
                  Tayken

Comment

• Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                    Welcome to the Internet. If the OP wants to provide insight into their story they can. But, when the story changes as it has been it is hard to believe anything the OP says.

The story should be cogent and relevant and based on "objective facts" and not "emotional reasoning". I find that the people who help on this site respond better to cogent relevant and objective facts. Emotional reasoning doesn't get you very far with the folks on here.

Good Luck!
                    Tayken
                    Agreed Tayken!
                    I try to sit back before I post, read the previous posts from the poster, figure out where they are coming from, and lay out my thoughts before posting. And many times, after thinking about it, I decide not to post/comment. That strategy seems to work well in my relationship with my ex as well -- taking the time to think things through before commenting.

Have a great weekend, I'm heading back into some files.. April 30th can't come soon enough.
                    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Agreed Tayken!
                      I try to sit back before I post, read the previous posts from the poster, figure out where they are coming from, and lay out my thoughts before posting. And many times, after thinking about it, I decide not to post/comment. That strategy seems to work well in my relationship with my ex as well -- taking the time to think things through before commenting.
                      It is a problem that many litigants have before the courts as well when spilling their spleen into affidavit materials. One can only reflect on how the people posting actually compile their materials for court and if the same inconsistencies in their "story" - which they often "feel" is *evidence* - plays out in court.

Only *one* member of this board that I am aware of has shared their CanLII and it in fact is one of the most ground breaking decisions to have hit the courts in 10 years possibly. The rest of the "big talkers" hid behind "stories" rather than real evidence to their results.

Have fun with your taxes.

Good Luck!
                      Tayken

Comment

• I too would like to read your case on Canlii... would you be kind enough to post the link to prove us all wrong?

I mean, lets all be real here...if what you are saying is true and you DID have your day in court, then it will be on Canlii... if you have accomplished what you said you have...why not stop arguing with people on here that you have done this and actually provide proof? If you want to shut everyone up...why not stick it to us?

Comment

• He made a settlement offer based on being forced, over and over to disclose financials, which were forged, hidden and fraudulent. He had to choose between going to court and suffer the consequences of same, or to make an offer to settle based on what the true numbers reflect and what is fair and totally equitable. If anything, he probably got off good, but I am weary and need to focus my attention on my children, health and my job. I was angry and frustrated, but quickly gained the strenght to fight back for what was right and fair; in the interest of my children and for me as well.

This forum could be so much better if it had a moderator. We all go through so much stress as a result of our divorces; it's sad that it continues outside of the system.

Thanks

Comment

Really??? Before you start crawling over another poster -and from reading your few posts on this forum -I have to ask if you actually have anything intelligent to say? Your initial posts about your 2nd ex (supposedly narcissitic according to you - I know, it's all his fault), and a bunch of rugrats throw you into the same ballpark as canary.

and slug.. well, just read his past history here. It speaks for itself.

I have yet to figure out canary, I think she came in here with the wrong attitude and to her detriment, doesn't seem to be changing her attitude - but seeking ss from a past spouse is certainly not unique nor worthy of spitefulness, particularly when you don't know her story. When you yourself are collecting cs from numerous fathers....and... let me guess - CCB, tax credits, unemployment, welfare (cause you aren't working, are you?), do you really want to throw a stone?

The thing is, I understand your comments completely. And to be very honest, the fact that I am dealing with a narcissist is what kept me from joining this forum for a very long time. But it was time for me to spread these particular wings and take a chance to tell my story. Yes, I chose my partners very poorly and I have accepted that. Yes, I am working, full time, hence the daycare arrears I am owed. I pay child support too; have never missed a payment. Ex #1 and I successfully mediated a termination date for spousal support. I am very fortunate that our tax dollars enable our government to provide some extra help. It was most helpful the year I was unemployed having been laid off while on maternity leave, unable to collect EI because of the maternity leave.

The stone was thrown because I know what CanaryMom is. I am on the receiving end of one such as her. This is not misdirected vengeance; I concede what I have posted has not been done with the most politically correct words. However, had the father of my twins offered me something similar that corresponded with his means, I would have made sure every "t" and "i" were crossed and dotted and then accepted the offer. She asked for advice, did not like what she was hearing, and this hilarious but quite informative thread is the result.

Speaking of stone's thrown indeed. Those who live in glass houses should not throw them.

Comment

He made a settlement offer based on being forced, over and over to disclose financials, which were forged, hidden and fraudulent. He had to choose between going to court and suffer the consequences of same, or to make an offer to settle based on what the true numbers reflect and what is fair and totally equitable. If anything, he probably got off good, but I am weary and need to focus my attention on my children, health and my job. I was angry and frustrated, but quickly gained the strenght to fight back for what was right and fair; in the interest of my children and for me as well.

This forum could be so much better if it had a moderator. We all go through so much stress as a result of our divorces; it's sad that it continues outside of the system.

Thanks
                              So essentially you're saying that everything you've said up until now is bullshit and you don't HAVE a link to post?

Comment

• Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                                So essentially you're saying that everything you've said up until now is bullshit and you don't HAVE a link to post?
                                Agree with you. When people are going to come on here and make up stories and shit like that they should keep a script for themselves so they know what they have said etc. That way they can keep their story straight.

No sense in asking for proof because she cant provide something that doesnt exist outside of her demented mind.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X