This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Courage of Shutting UP'

Ever since this all started up 3.5 weeks ago I've struggled with my anger the most. I just want to fire the King's English around, I want to tell off my in laws, all of his friends, I want to tell him off night and day for eternity. And I can't. I've never had to be so wise, exercise such control. To just sit back because it is in my best interest and my daughter's. To make a little painfully quiet stockpile of info. Who IS this person I've been married to for 5 years?

*nods* I know how you feel. Since my husbands removal in November, I've had to deal with abusive facebook messages from his family and finding things that have made my head spin...needless to say, even though we were together from Mar. '95 until Nov. '08 and married for just over a year, I didn't really know him at all.
    But, like yourself, I've been "wise"..taking the high road and not allowing myself the pleasure of doing what I'd really like to, like saying things better left unsaid for the benefit of my children. It's not always easy to bite my tongue (or keep my fingers off the keyboard) but I'm doing well so far!

Mona

Comment

kudos to you for keeping your cool...soooooo hard to do...how do you let your anger out? punch pillows, exercise????
      i've been getting better at keeping my cool...but its so hard to do when your are being berated. i am in the beginning stages of separation...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X