Process Serving - in Person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinton View Post
    Yeah. If you can afford it, use it. If you can't, then different story.
    What am I missing here?

It's going to cost me around $100 with HST for the attempt and a video recording of the attempt and the affidavit by the process server.

That's not too expensive.

Alternately I would have to pay a notary public to have a friend/family member serve it. I'd be ahead what...$70?

I feel like i'm missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by superangrypenguin View Post
      What am I missing here?

It's going to cost me around $100 with HST for the attempt and a video recording of the attempt and the affidavit by the process server.

That's not too expensive.

Alternately I would have to pay a notary public to have a friend/family member serve it. I'd be ahead what...$70?

I feel like i'm missing something here.
      Court clerks can act as commissioner for taking affidavits. It's like 10 or 20 dollars. Sometimes they do it for free.. especially if you know any court clerks

Process server costs can run high. Especially when they're unprofessional. My last lawyers process server didn't return my call to make arrangements on the day we discussed and tried to serve me on an unarranged day when I was at a parenting class. And continued to try and serve me on unarranged times when I would not be available and not pickup the phone when I would call him to arrange something. In the end he left it with family 3 days past the deadline without permission from court and so I was granted an adjournment to properly prepare for the assessment hearing but I accepted service because I didn't want to deal with a moron process server any more. Waste of my time and a nice ding to the lawyers pocket due to all of the failed attempts.
      Last edited by trinton; 06-03-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Court clerks can act as commissioner for taking affidavits. It's like 10 or 20 dollars. Sometimes they do it for free.. especially if you know any court clerks

Process server costs can run high. Especially when they're unprofessional. My last lawyers process server didn't return my call to make arrangements on the day we discussed and tried to serve me on an unarranged day when I was at a parenting class. And continued to try and serve me on unarranged times when I would not be available and not pickup the phone when I would call him to arrange something. In the end he left it with family 3 days past the deadline without permission from court and so I was granted an adjournment to properly prepare for the assessment hearing but I accepted service because I didn't want to deal with a moron process server any more. Waste of my time and a nice ding to the lawyers pocket due to all of the failed attempts.
        I see. I did a lot of research for process servers as there were very few with reviews. I'm surprised that there are so many servers out there. I guess most are scams.

I found one that will take recordings of each attempt and to provide them to the applicant/customers. I'm hoping that this will help with a successful delivery and a good experience as a customer.

Comment

I see. I did a lot of research for process servers as there were very few with reviews. I'm surprised that there are so many servers out there. I guess most are scams.

I found one that will take recordings of each attempt and to provide them to the applicant/customers. I'm hoping that this will help with a successful delivery and a good experience as a customer.
          Just keep in back of your head that judges don't want parents recording each other. If your pricess server is doing it however it might be fine. But I think a simple affidavit by server should suffice.
          Last edited by trinton; 06-03-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Just keep in back of your head that judges don't want parents recording each other. If your pricess server is doing it however it might be fine.
            Yes, also I/we don't have kids. Just two adults dealing with a divorce.

Comment

Yes, also I/we don't have kids. Just two adults dealing with a divorce.
              Are you sure you're two adults and no kids are involved ? I'm reading that it's one adult trying to divorce a "child". Hahahaha I make a joke.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X