This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie

Hey everyone, I'm a 30 year old female who is currently going through my divorce, which thankfully is amicable with little to no drama. I'm just shocked at how long the process takes! I thought it would be quick and easy, and I was really surprised that this could take as long as 6 months

I'm now engaged to a wonderful man who lives in Florida, and I'm impatiently waiting for my divorce to be over, so him and I can move on to the next chapter of our lives.

Just six months? Lucky you....most people have to wait the minimum 12 months seperation and then haggle out the details of their divorce which can take years.

Congratulations on your engagement.

Comment

Well, my ex and I were separated for about two years before we filed....
      I know that in the grand scheme of things I shoudln't be complaining because I know how messy divorce and how long it can ACTUALLY take...
      I just had high hopes that because mine was so straightforward, that it would be a super easy quick process like my fiance's divorce...
      His took 4 weeks!

Thank you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X