Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need child psychologist

Hello everyone,

My son, 6 years old, just recently resumed visits with his father. My ex is not only speaking ill of me, but also of my step-kids, extended family, etc. Son is conflicted, crying and being aggressive towards everyone at home. I would like to get a child psychologist's advice and possibly evaluation. Can anyone recommend a therapist with a focus on kids with divorced parents? Thank you.

Have you tried your son's school? There may be counselling and other services available through the school system, especially if behavioral issues are manifesting themselves at school. Your family doctor may also be a source for a referral.

Comment

Where do you live? If in Toronto, I would recommend CAMH better behaviours service, or Hincks Dellcrest. They start their services at age 6.

Comment

I believe you may also need consent of both parents.

Comment

Thank you all. I live in Ottawa. I have sole custody, so I should not need the other parent`s consent.

Comment

Note: The kid is 6 as you say, don't go be making wild accusations that ex is talking bad of you and this is why son is acting up

You are never going to be able to provide the male aspect to your son, and no boyfriend will replace a bio-dad. So, be careful in your quest to alienate child from father, and try to think long term here.

The issue is between you and your ex, don't use child as pawn / sticking it to him too

Originally posted by Graziella View Post
            Thank you all. I live in Ottawa. I have sole custody, so I should not need the other parent`s consent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X