Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an Ottawa Divorce Support Group for Dad/Men?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an Ottawa Divorce Support Group for Dad/Men?

In the painful divorce process for almost two years, my son is over 1 year old by now but I only saw him handful times (less than 24 hours in total) in the whole year. Ex lies about "I am planning to sell the child in black market" and tried everything she can to deny my access even court order states my access is once a week. Just painful to think about it. So ugly!

Hey TBone - you have nothing to fear. There are many men on this forum who have a strong distrust of women after their divorce.

I'm sure you will find some useful information on here.

Comment

You can always try Meetup.com

However, I would suggest that divorce and custody is equally difficult emotionally for men and women, and a men only group will not be so much different than any other divorce support group.

Another suggestion, if you truly feel there is a benefit to a male only group, you could always start one

Comment

^^I think he means IRL.
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

The whole divorce is a nonstop nightmare - time, energy, emotionally and financially... Non stop in my thought. Feel the need to talk with someone who has/had this experience, sharing and speak out the feeling... Anyone interested?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
            ^^I think he means IRL.
            Meetup.com is real life, they have groups available all over the country for just about everything you can imagine. And if there isn't one that suits your needs, you can always start one

Comment

You can always private message Oink. He might need someone to vent with.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                Oh I get it --- a "bruver"
                Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Please, OP is upset enough as it is!

Comment

Originally posted by TBone View Post
                    The whole divorce is a nonstop nightmare - time, energy, emotionally and financially... Non stop in my thought. Feel the need to talk with someone who has/had this experience, sharing and speak out the feeling... Anyone interested?
                    Here's a couple that I found listed. Can't endorse anything but there are reviews posted and you can check out the previous events or meetups that have been held:

The Separated/Divorced Support/Social Meetup Group (Nepean , ON) - Meetup

Single Parents Club of Ottawa (Ottawa , ON) - Meetup

Comment

That was bloody funny.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                        Here's a couple that I found listed. Can't endorse anything but there are reviews posted and you can check out the previous events or meetups that have been held:

The Separated/Divorced Support/Social Meetup Group (Nepean , ON) - Meetup

Single Parents Club of Ottawa (Ottawa , ON) - Meetup
                        Thank you! I check it out

Comment

Originally posted by TBone View Post
                          In the painful divorce process for almost two years, my son is over 1 year old by now but I only saw him handful times (less than 24 hours in total) in the whole year. Ex lies about "I am planning to sell the child in black market"...
                          Why?
                          For what reasons, were you limited to once a week, to see your child, and why is that at least, not happening? There is too much missing context here.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                            Why?
                            For what reasons, were you limited to once a week, to see your child, and why is that at least, not happening? There is too much missing context here.
                            Not really. His question was in regards to a support group, not in regards to his situation.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                              Why?
                              The ex said I intend to take away the child and lied about abuse to her as well. her lawyer came up with the FSO supervised access idea. I agreed to the FSO supervised access comparing to no access at all. Due to the availability of FSO schedule, they can only arrange 1 hour per week access.

For the past couple months, ex just kept cancelling the access. Eventually, the FSO terminated the service due to her high cancellations. One, it breach the agreement. Two, they warned her once but she ignored.

In addition, According to the Judge, my son was too young (6 months old) to have long hour access.

It's how end up earlier with 1 hour access.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X