This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Representation at Prelimary Hearing

My ex has us going before a judge in a prelimary hearing. What exactly is that? His issues are only spousal support (how much/how long paid for).

Should I be concerned about this being a pre hearing?

HAS ANYONE PARTICPATED IN A PRELIMARY HEARING? WHAT CAN I EXPECT?

I am representing myself (long run out of money in lawyers fees).

Thank you for anything you can share that might be helpful to me.

i was hoping someone would have responded to this.

Thanks.

Comment

I am alittle confused. We already were before the judge a few times. She set a prelimary trial hearing. Is that the last step before an actual TRIAL? Who can afford a trial?

So, what is a pretrial hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Where is the Light View Post
        I am alittle confused. We already were before the judge a few times.
        So, you have already attended Case conference(s) and settlement conference(s)?

Originally posted by Where is the Light View Post

So, what is a pretrial hearing?
        Do you mean the Trial Management Conference?

Before Your Trial: Trial Management Conference

Before you start a trial, you will have seen a judge a number of times. One of your appearances will be the trial management conference. The Trial Management Conference is intended to get everyone ready for the trial.
        The purposes of a trial management conference can be found in rule 17 of the Family Law Rules. There will be specific things that the judge will talk about with you and the other party. These things include who the witnesses will be at your trial, what evidence will be presented at the trial, how much time will be needed for the trial and, possibly, setting the trial date. Therefore, bring a list of your witnesses, what you expect your witnesses to say at the trial and a list of the documents that you will rely on at the trial to the Trial Management Conference. You must also estimate the amount of time that you will need to cross-examine the other party’s witnesses.
        You will need to fill out a form called a Trial Management Conference form (Form 17E) and file it and serve it on the other party before the Trial Management Conference. If you are the Applicant, you must serve the form on the other party and file it with proof of service at the Court at least seven (7) days (including weekend days) before the Conference. If you are the Respondent, you must file and serve the form at least four (4) days (not including weekend days) before the Conference. Bring a copy of the form with you to the Trial Management Conference.
        You should be aware that your trial will be limited to what you have asked for in your original documents. For example, if the outstanding issues in your original documents are custody and access, you may not add support as an issue at trial.
        If you need an interpreter or accommodation for a disability at trial, make sure that you let the judge know about this at the Trial Management Conference.
        Also, if you want to use a medical or other professional report at the trial, you must confirm with the judge at the trial management conference that the report may be used at the trial

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X