Really need help with wife that lives in the states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need help with wife that lives in the states

So I married my wife. And she was unloyal and ended up leaving.

She does not want spousal support or anything and wants to do an easy divorce like me.

I lived in quebec and got married in Ottawa. Where do I need to file? Also if I do a amicable divorce I would need her to fly here to get papers signed? Or is there a method of doing that while she is living in the united states?

Would I have to "serve" her with paper the other way if I can't get her to sign?

Any help would be really great.

Thank you

Originally posted by JesseF76 View Post
    So I married my wife. And she was unloyal and ended up leaving.
    First time I heard that one.

She does not want spousal support or anything and wants to do an easy divorce like me..
    First time I heard that one too!

When did she move out of Canada ? Is she living there permanently ? Why not just get the simple divorce do it yourself forms, fill your portion, send it to her with prepaid return shipping, and ask her to sign and send back, so you could file ? Not sure if she has to be here to file.

perhaps if she doesn't cooperate, then you could hire a lawyer and file uncontested divorce in your jurisdiction ? If she doesn't file an answer then you get your divorce. If she get's pissed off and asks for spousal support, then you battle it out.

Comment

I was under the impression that it needed to be notarized with both of us there at the same time?

Comment

I was under the impression that it needed to be notarized with both of us there at the same time?

My husband did a joint application with his ex and they both had to be there to sign. However if you don't do a joint one you can file and have her served. Then she has 30 days to respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X