School attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstTimer View Post
    Your position is valid as well, that if the child is attending school. The other parent should be obligated to take child to school.

My son is in Montessori pre-school and this is the case I'm going to use, which would apply even more in your case as I assume they are school age. In this case the parent did not even need to get school involved.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/do...&resultIndex=1

"I recognize that pre-school may be more like a voluntary activity than an educational program, but in my view that does not matter. Children’s activities should be supported by both parents, regardless of who takes care of the initial enrollment (subject to the activity being an unreasonable interference with the parent’s time with the child). Taking a 4 ½-year-old child to a pre-school program at a Montessori school is not an unreasonable interference, just as taking a child to kindergarten would not be unreasonable.

[19] These parties have a long time ahead to co-parent their son. Activities for the benefit of their son should be supported by both parties. There may be occasions (bad weather, conflicts with other important activities, illness) when Mr. S may legitimately have their son stay home from pre-school, as would Ms. K in similar circumstances. However, the default position is that it will be Mr. S’s responsibility to get their son to Sweet Grass Montessori Pre-school when he has parenting time with their son. That obligation should be incorporated into the order."

This also trumped the parent time is more important than pre-school time.

"Following the application, Mr. S took the position that he was not obliged to take their son to pre-school in Edmonton, and he would prefer to spend the time with his son while in his care, rather than have the boy go to pre-school."

As always, we can argue with our very valid positions....but at the end of the day, the only opinion that matter's is the judge's.
    Thank you very much for this. I read the case, good to see support from the judge.

Comment

Why is it that you don't have shared custody selfrep?

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
        Why is it that you don't have shared custody selfrep?
        We don't have an agreement and are sharing time equally. Currently going to court for more access.

Comment

Originally posted by selfrep00 View Post
          We don't have an agreement and are sharing time equally. Currently going to court for more access.
          So you want more than equal. You are turning stones to take equal custody from the other parent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X