Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can parent take child out of school and hire nanny instead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can parent take child out of school and hire nanny instead?

Hi,

Currently have our 4 1/2 year old going to Montessori school. He is in the Pre-k class full time. Order states that we take him to school every day. On her days which is Wednesday and Thursday, she does not take him.

I've been waiting on my lawyer to act on this as that is what it states. However, today she decided to text me and say that she is going to be hiring a nanny and will not be contributing to her contribution though stated as per court order.

From what I understand, she can't automatically decide this right? or decide to take him out.

She works nights 2-8 PM Monday to Friday. Her arguement originally for not taking him her days was her schedule and his time should be spent with her.
    Last edited by FirstTimer; 01-10-2016, 03:03 PM.

First step

1. What has changed since the last consent or judgement?

I don't think her position is without merit, neither is yours. Also, how long is this situation going to go on for? till June? Then next year is school?

Comment

1. Well, at the last judgement she lied to the judge and told him she had a new job that was 9-5 pm as her reasoning was that she didn't want to work 2-8PM anymore as she spent time away from him.

The week after the order, she was back at the 2-8 PM job.

It's been going on since June probably.

That's correct, next year is Kindergarden.

My question is, doesn't she have to follow the court order unless she requests a hearing against a judge?

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      First step

1. What has changed since the last consent or judgement?

I don't think her position is without merit, neither is yours. Also, how long is this situation going to go on for? till June? Then next year is school?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstTimer View Post
        1. Well, at the last judgement she lied to the judge and told him she had a new job that was 9-5 pm as her reasoning was that she didn't want to work 2-8PM anymore as she spent time away from him.

The week after the order, she was back at the 2-8 PM job.

It's been going on since June probably.

That's correct, next year is Kindergarden.

My question is, doesn't she have to follow the court order unless she requests a hearing against a judge?
        The real question is this : At what cost, what expense and how long will it take you to get an order to fix this and what is the big deal?

Yes she lied to the judge

Yes you don't agree

Posession is 9/10s of the law applies here...

It's going to be over in 3 months....

Be happy she is working...

Comment

The big deal is that my child is being flipped back and forth and doesn't have consistent routine which causes him to act out and have emotional temper tantrums. Irony right now is my ex and I both agreed to put him into sessions with a child psychologist.

So we will see what her recommended outcome out of this is.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X