printing all my emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing all my emails

I would like all of my emails for use during my trial.

Does anyone know of a a way to efficiently print all the emails that I have in my Outlook email "divorce" folder? I'd rather not have to click on each of the 100s of emails to print. I'd rather not print at work (for obvious reasons of ethics), so I've saved my emails in a pst file. But do I have to pay for a converter or is there something obvious I'm missing?

I also have a duplicate set of emails in gmail. Would that be easier?

Since you're mentioning a .pst file, I assume you mean Outlook, the email client software...and not the online Outlook.com email service?

You should just be able to highlight the emails you want to print (multiple emails, or all of them), and then just pick File, Print. That will print them out.

Comment

You might want to be aware, if attachments are in these emails, as that might cause you issues in printing.

Comment

Thanks for the info d2bandm. Yes, Outlook the email client software. I just tried it. 3000 pages. sigh. Some culling is definitely in order. And yes, many of them have attachments. Part of my issue also is that I don't want to print at work but don't have Outlook at home so can't do anything with my pst file at home (or Business Depot, let's say).

Comment

If this is for court, perhaps you can ask your lawyer (if you have one) what they often do in this case? Perhaps giving them an exported file is enough, for them to print off, what they need?

Perhaps this is easier through Gmail (since you mentioned you have duplicates stored there?)

I get overwhelmed with the emails I have to keep as well.

Comment

I'm having the same issue for an upcoming trial in June.

I'm trying to re-classify my email into different folders based on "issue type" but its been difficult. I've been trying to print out batches each week and sort them in the evening.

Between email and paper files, its amazing how much crap you have to store for divorce.

I really look forward to the day that I can start purging documents. It will probably coincide with my youngest child graduating from university.

Comment

Originally posted by now i see the moon View Post
              Part of my issue also is that I don't want to print at work but don't have Outlook at home so can't do anything with my pst file at home (or Business Depot, let's say).
              Download CutePDF (freeware) that lets you 'print to a pdf file', then take the pdf file home to print.

Comment

Agree with Dinky...the attachments themselves shouldn't cause you issues, unless you wanted to ALSO print the attachments.

By default Outlook 2010 will give you the ability to print in MEMO style, which should give you what you want.

Install a PDF writer like CutePDF or NitroPDF, and PRINT TO FILE. If you can get it to a PDF, you can use Adobe Reader and print it pretty much whereever.

Comment

Thanks! off to investigate conversion to pdf.

Comment

Alright. This might not work. I will not be able to install CutePDF at work. That's where my emails are. However, I can create a pst file and carry that on a memory stick to my home computer, which does NOT have outlook. I use gmail.

Is there any way I can convert a pst file that I've exported from Outlook into pdf/word/rtf, without having outlook on my computer?

Many thanks to any of the tekkies out there.

Comment

In Outlook select all of the emails you wish to save from the inbox folder. It isn't necessary to open the mail, just select them.

Go to "File" in Outlook 2010. For 2007 if I remember correctly go to the "Start" button at the far left of the ribbon.

From here you can either "save as" and most likely you want to choose "text." This will give you one text file with all of sender details, time, etc. as well as the messages.

Or you may choose print and print them off directly in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by now i see the moon View Post
                        I would like all of my emails for use during my trial.
                        Careful. There are Rules on the presentment of evidence at trial. You have to put them into the Trial Record.

Emails can lead to a nightmare in court. Ask WorkingDad about that one. I would make a request to admit to the other party and have them put into the trial record. If you are using two different trial records then you can put them in your own. But, don't expect a justice to read them all.

You will be challenged on the relevance of each email correspondence that you rely upon. Be prepared to really understand the concepts of relevance and admissibility of evidence.

You can try and voi dire them into the record but, Justices in family law do not take kindly to "trial by ambush". So, you are best to have them put into the trial record. Furthermore, opposing counsel (or party) will challenge even having them added to the record and question relevance on each one.

Good Luck!
                        Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                          Careful. There are Rules on the presentment of evidence at trial. You have to put them into the Trial Record.

Emails can lead to a nightmare in court. Ask WorkingDad about that one. I would make a request to admit to the other party and have them put into the trial record. If you are using two different trial records then you can put them in your own. But, don't expect a justice to read them all.

You will be challenged on the relevance of each email correspondence that you rely upon. Be prepared to really understand the concepts of relevance and admissibility of evidence.

You can try and voi dire them into the record but, Justices in family law do not take kindly to "trial by ambush". So, you are best to have them put into the trial record. Furthermore, opposing counsel (or party) will challenge even having them added to the record and question relevance on each one.

Good Luck!
                          Tayken
                          you can not to put it in trial record. Before to go to all that hassle I would think really hard why on earth you need to add all email?

you have to put them in document brief and try to admit it to the evidence... would be helpful to run request to admit and ask other party to admit authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                            In Outlook select all of the emails you wish to save from the inbox folder. It isn't necessary to open the mail, just select them.

Go to "File" in Outlook 2010. For 2007 if I remember correctly go to the "Start" button at the far left of the ribbon.

From here you can either "save as" and most likely you want to choose "text." This will give you one text file with all of sender details, time, etc. as well as the messages.

Or you may choose print and print them off directly in the office.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. (so obvious, though)!

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post

Good Luck!
                              Tayken
                              Trusting my lawyer on this. I asked "should I print out all my emails" (that I might wish to refer to during questioning) and lawyer said yes. So here I am. I don't understand concepts of relevance and admissibliity of evidence or voir dire and will keep my head in sand lest I loose my fingernails entirely from them being gnawed at (joke)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X