X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Tape

Hi all
    New to all this and have read quite a bite on the forum (good stuff)
    I have been separated for about 6 months. The ex has taken the kids (12 & 15) out of town to live with her mother about 1 month ago. I am starting court proceedings for sole custody and have a lot of voice recordings of conversations with her manipulating the kids and being verbally abusive. She has alienated the kids against me by threatening to hurt herself if they go with me and has convinced them I have a girlfriend (witch I do not).
    Question#1 is there some easy way of transcribing the recordings onto paper or can you hire someone to do this? I tried typing them out but it’s going to take a long time with my limited typing skills.
    <O</O
    I am convinced eventually I will get the kids and they will be much happier with me but in the mean time it sure is hard not being able to see them or ever talk to them
    Question #2 what kind of timetable am I looking at to at least get access to the kids if she tries to fight me at every step (worst case scenario)? My lawyer was going for a emergency order but I have been told that because my daughter called me once to say where they are I can’t get the kids back
    <O</O

While the ex was at the house after I left a lot of damage was done to walls, carpet, floors ect
    Question #3 Can this be claimed on Insurance?
    Thanks
    Every day I look at the pictures of my kids and say its going to get better then its going to be great

Recordings/access

1) - transcribing can be a real challenge even for those that type 'OK".
    I am a fairly decent typer, but when I went to transcribe our recordings the tough part was keeping up to the normal speed of speech. That requires a professional.

I would think that there may be a possibility that there are people that do this. I would talk to a community rep IE the local chamber of commerce. Maybe they would know of a business that does this.

2) access time

I would say that since your lawyer has initiated an emergency order, that you should speak to him/her.
    The fact that your ex is making it difficult only further strengthens your stance that she is NOT being child focussed and potentially could harm herself or god forbid, the children. Ask your lawyer about an "exparte" order, where the court hears the emergency request without the presence of the other party and possible make an order in their absence in order to protect the children. If indeed there is a possibility that she could seriously harm herself in the presence of the children or the children, then you indeed need to get an emergency exparte in the works to shelter the children. This type of thing has huge ramifications for them.

As for the damage to the home, I think you should weight the cost of the insurance claim on the monthly premiums.
    I was able to speak to my adjuster prior to any claims being initiated, kind of off the record to see what my options were. It was better to foot the $2000 repair bill then open a claim that would increase me premiums for the next X number of years.

Comment

Dadfor2,

Welcome to the forum.

You can transcribe it similar to a court transcript. Identify the speaker. Allow triple line spaces and attach to an affidavit. State in the affidavit that the transcript is true and that the original voice recording is on hand and is available for the court to examine.

Comment

This site,
        Ottawa Music Printing

If you are in the Ottawa is a web add for a business that does transcription. I know it doesn't look like it from the name, but their add states

" Ottawa Music Printing is the Capital's premiere service for music printing, transcription, publishing and more "

Comment

Thanks for the response will look into some of the options and hopefully something will happen soon!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X