Venting away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
    To spice it up further, she's in the military and likely headed to Iraq for 6-8 months in May. If I really wanted to be a dick and play games I'm sure it's possible to go after her for full rate child support, with her at a significantly higher than normal income level, for that period. As stated in my last post however, we both believe in being financially independent of each other.
    In that case, if you are going to have the child 100% time while she's posted, then yes, you SHOULD ask for child support during that time. It's not a matter of being financially independent or avoiding being a dick. It's a matter of it being her responsibility for supporting her child in proportion to her income. The child isn't going to stop eating, wearing clothes, using up electricity, etc, just because your ex isn't there to see it. If you don't get CS from your ex when you have the child, you are permitting your ex to be a deadbeat during that time. CS is for the child, and the child is not financially independent from her. You ARE going to incur additional expenses due to the child being with you 100%.

You could probably work it out that the CS is at her normal income rate, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
      To spice it up further, she's in the military and likely headed to Iraq for 6-8 months in May. If I really wanted to be a dick and play games I'm sure it's possible to go after her for full rate child support, with her at a significantly higher than normal income level, for that period. As stated in my last post however, we both believe in being financially independent of each other.
      It is important to be a dick. Fathers need to stop being so reluctant to accept child support. A mother would absolutely collect the increased CS in this situation, so why should you be any different?

I wonder if Arabian would call this mother a deadbeat for not paying proper CS in this case? Are you only a deadbeat if the recipient parent asks for the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
        You could probably work it out that the CS is at her normal income rate, though.
        Why would that be necessary? Is CS not paid on what you earn? If she is working harder, then that should be rewarded with higher CS payments.

It is an honour and a privilege to pay CS, and one that both genders should enjoy to its full potential.

Comment

I've responded on an introduction thread I've created, this is way off topic now lol.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X