Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a new one! No acces to kids until we can settle acces in mediation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a new one! No acces to kids until we can settle acces in mediation.

So like the title said She does not want to allow me to see kids till we settle acces at mediation. What next?. She also phoned the relator told to take the house off the market till end of Janaury and raise the price. We lowered the price 60thou already how much power can one women have. There is divorce then there is war I think this women is fighting a war.

Do you have any agreement in place?

Comment

no not yet.

Comment

Then go pick up your kids from school and daycare.

What arrangements have you made to get off of the oilfield, and position yourself to parent on a regular basis?
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
          Then go pick up your kids from school and daycare.

What arrangements have you made to get off of the oilfield, and position yourself to parent on a regular basis?
          Agreed. Do not accept this, else you risk establishing a status quo and your failure to fight it can be construed as implied consent.

Comment

I had talked to a few divorced people that had worked in the oil patch with a the same schedule as mine and their orders from the judge were they get the kids on there two weeks off. I was happy to hear that. I hope mine goes the same way. Also that is good to know that i can just go pick up the kids. Dont I have to let her know. I like playing by the rules.
            This whole divorce thing would go better. but for some reason she wants control for what reson who knows it prety sad though. life can be so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by childrenand happy View Post
              I had talked to a few divorced people that had worked in the oil patch with a the same schedule as mine and their orders from the judge were they get the kids on there two weeks off. I was happy to hear that. I hope mine goes the same way. Also that is good to know that i can just go pick up the kids. Dont I have to let her know. I like playing by the rules.
              This whole divorce thing would go better. but for some reason she wants control for what reson who knows it prety sad though. life can be so much easier.
              Get those judgements - so you can show the judge!
              I'm really happy for you.

Just realize you are rich and she is poor, you will not find a single action she takes which causes her to lose money.

Also, don't accept her word - you must not let her establish a status quo. If she hasn't filed for divorce yet then maybe you should so you are the applicant people say its good.

Comment

Thanks For the good words, I think it's time to turn into a !@# and play dirty I honestly thought playing nice would get some where. I was mistaken.

Comment

Thanks For the good words, I think it's time to turn into a !@# and play dirty I honestly thought playing nice would get some where. I was mistaken.

For the sake of your kidlet and your sanity, don't play dirty, don't play nice - just do your best to play fair. It will benefit both of you in the long term.

Comment

You could extend the same offer to her and see if she accepts. When she doesn't, ask why on earth you would - or should!

Comment

If you get a lawyer he will do as you say, if you pay him or her to be nice it could cost you more and drag a little longer, tell him or her what you want exactly, I know you may think doing it the civil way looking like mister nice guy is being the better person but do it hard and fast or you might be the loser in the end....nice guys lose in this situation, or at least I did...I should have played hard ball right off the bat with everything. Try to get a seperation agreement and child visits set in stone quickly. Make sure a court order/agreement will state what your wanting, even an interim one.

Comment

So went to mediation today I offered 10 nights for myself. with one over night stay with her self in the middle plus on Mondays she can have the kids from 230 ( S7 gets off school every monday early ) - 700pm She said no she wanted to split the kids up SHE would get the D3 one night then switch next day. I disagreeed. Then at the very end she blew up at me pulled out S8 used shoes and lost her cool in front of the mediator because i bought my D8 a new pair of shoe. good greef what next!

Comment

After this did mediation work for you? Trying to sort out a cheaper way to settle estate here.

Comment

No of course not. we are taking it full lawyers from child visitation to settlement.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I might be in the same boat here after all!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X