Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• section 7

Hi Everyone

I was wondering regarding section S7 expenses and how it relates to spousal support.

I have since realized my daughter now needs Braces and have set up a payment plan for the next 2 years to pay my 80% of them. I currently have a CC in January but did not add this to my response on my financial report because the braces have just come up.

Can I add it or will it make a difference if they award her spousal support.

Spousal has no relevance on kids stuff. Braces are a necessity and will be ordered. Remember though that you pay your share of the net cost.

Do you have medical benefits through work?

Comment

Yes I have benefits but they don't cover Ortho. and I will be paying for them as I set up a plan with the Orthodontist 80%

I thought I did read in the Spousal Advisory Guidelines S7 does make a difference in the amount of Spousal. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Im pretty sure anything to do with the children has no impact on spousal. Someone else can chip in.

Well make sure that you are calculating the amount right. You may have made an agreement with the dentist but if your ex gets the receipts she submits through taxes and gets the tax benefit which she is supposed to share with you.

Comment

The only possible impact I can think of is that the SS would have to be added on to the receivers income, and reduced from the payers income, impacting the % each parent would have to pay.

If your income is 80% of the proportional incomes after the SS payment, then that is likely what you will be stuck with. If the 80% you mentioned is prior to SS, then you should do the math of what each your incomes would be after SS is contemplated.

Comment

No Spousal has been awarded yet we have a first CC in January
            I'm fine with the Braces and I have started the Payment plan with the Orthodontist. I was just wondering because it will be $200.00 a month for a few years for me. I just didn't have it on my Financial Report because the Braces have come up after I responded to the application.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X