Going to trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
    I don't mind answering questions like that, if it helps others to understand that there is such a thing as real domestic violence allegations.
    We hear so much in here about false accusations - which happens all the time - the other side of the issue is just as real, unfortunately.
    Sorry, I jumped the gun on that. I just hear so many people rushing to assume that domestic violence victims are exaggerating or putting the blame on them - "if you didn't end up in the hospital, how bad was it really?"- that I overreacted. Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
      Sorry, I jumped the gun on that. I just hear so many people rushing to assume that domestic violence victims are exaggerating or putting the blame on them - "if you didn't end up in the hospital, how bad was it really?"- that I overreacted. Sorry again.
      Don't be sorry Yep, I came across a lot of that even from people who knew us both - most victims are either ashamed or too afraid to tell even close relatives about what's going on. Maybe it's a natural reaction to unpleasant things - people would rather pretend it doesn't exist? Photos help a lot!

In cases of emotional abuse that's a different issue, he said/she said and the kids stuck in the middle of it all ... that kind of abuse is probably worse IMO.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X