This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction

Just wanted to say a big thanks for allowing me to be a guest for the last four months and aquiring a lot of really great info. After 34 years of marriage and waking up finally after 8 years of separation living in the same house I now know it is really time to move forward. Not a good person with the computer but this also will get better. Some of you really appear a far lot worse than I am eg. child support and partner problems. I quess my problems have oly just begun. Don't know how to find the correct spots to join in but heh they are there somewhere. Right. Thanks again. At least I will be viewing.

Hey, I'm with you. I was married for 31 yrs. and now starting over; and I also do not know how to navigate this (these) sites without getting frustrated (without calling my kids--and that would just be wrong.)

Comment

wrong is right

Originally posted by kcmyway View Post
      Hey, I'm with you. I was married for 31 yrs. and now starting over; and I also do not know how to navigate this (these) sites without getting frustrated (without calling my kids--and that would just be wrong.)
      Just wondered how you are doing. What I thought would be very straight forward when it started is now becoming ridiculus. I have been living in this mess for nine years (separated) him in the basement and Me upstairs. I now think he is so comfortable that it wont make any difference what I do. Offers were made and each time he wants more. There is a statute of limitation in my case. After 6 years he doesnt get 50/50 of my own accounts and of course he has no money. That is just the way self employment goes I guess. They say try to resolve without the courts but what else is left. Not sure if you received my response before but as I said I sure hope the world doesn't depend on my computer skills!

Comment

Right now I'm playing the waiting game. His lawyer writes that my husband is adamant that this issue would be resolved quickly if only he could talk to me. That means that he still thinks that he has the power to control what I do, say, think, feel.... He has gotten bolder since his crimimal charges resulted in a conditional discharge, and is now trying to initiate conversations with my co-workers. I think, he thinks, that he can scare me into taking him back now that winter is coming--higher utilities, icy highways, long nights, etc. The fact is, I'm doing fine. I pretty much took care of everything: household & farm chores, bills, kids. So I haven't missed him not being here, and actually I haven't noticed a difference in my life since he's been gone It's just life as usual, just alot more peaceful and predictable.

Comment

I should add that I have come to a place where I realize that divorce is a financial separation of assets and that the emotional issues have nothing to do with it. It will only cost you alot of money if you try to involve emotional issues with the divorce process. Deal with your emotions outside the legal process. That being said, I'm confident that my "black & white" in print numbers of what he is unwilling to disclose will be good enough for "Discovery" and the court. I will definately go there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X