Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relocation case - what the process is like?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugar daddy, who is sugar daddy, I don't even get offended, it just sounds funny. Any profession IT ,engineer, Financial analyst make some money. Why profs are sugar daddys? Profs are just hard-working people who studied a lot. Normal people as everyone else. I told you if he lost his job, I would still keep dating him. When relationship is based on money, it will never last and won't make enough ground for a family. Family is a commitment and there will be many obstacles and problems in life. Relocation is not the first and not he last. It is often through hardships that people can understand what they mean to each other. This is just so annoying that men see my situation as of some woman who looked on purpose for someone not matter who but far away and with money to run with her son.

Comment

• https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/<WBR>abqb/doc/2014/2014abqb286/<WBR>2014abqb286.html?<WBR>searchUrlHash=<WBR>AAAA AQALVGhpZSB2IFRoaWUAAAAAAQ<WBR>&resultIndex=2

read this one, people had a history of marriage and mutual life, two children, joint custody, she move within flight distance, not for a much better financial situation.

Comment

• If he was jobless, I would not be on this forum and we would have to think of something else. He got tenure 2 weeks ago and it helped us to draw a plan of future life. He was not guaranteed this job and was nervous for all last 5 years , this is how long it took him to get permanent. He went for PhD in Harvard for 5 years, then 3 year of post-doctorate, then 5 years here to get this tenure. This is almost half of his life.<O< font>
        not sure if this timeline makes sense or not. For a guy who is in in thirties maybe if he is in his late 30s?

Another thing that doesn't make sense, a lawyer representing someone for a year for free??? I know there are some nicer lawyers who go above and beyond but they have bills to pay and need paying clients.

Comment

• I mentioned this fact myself after someone started to say they don't believe my post. I told that this will only add to that non belief but yes, I was his last client and he really wanted to help. HE retired after,

Comment

• I don't think without that help I would survive in court

Comment

• he is 36 y.o. Bachelor's done at 22, Ph D done at 27, Postdoctorate done at 30, Tenure got at 36. Some of my friends got their tenure at 33,

Comment

• If love, stability and family are truly the priority in the relationship, over finances, than he would understand your situation with the child needing to remain here and have no issue with moving here instead of you moving there, even if it meant taking a different, potentially lesser paying position.

It IS about love, after all, not money.....right?

Comment

• Keep in mind a move may warrant a material change triggering the need of a fresh inquiry as to what is in the best interests of the child. And that may very well be that the child should stay back with dad and that you and our new partner have every other weekend access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Good point, I'm always a huge fan of the 'offering' parent putting themselves through the 'willingness' test: Would you be willing to accept this offer made to you? And if not, why on earth do you think the other parent should be?

Comment

• if everyone was passing willingness test, there won't be lawyers and judges needed in this world. With this logic I can ask the father of my child, if he was in my shoes, giving birth, being alone and I would show up two years after willing TO GET 50/50 CUSTODY. manipulating my income, making false claims in court at which judges were laughing but which caused a lot of nerve to the family, like driving flat tire, not taking child to doctors etc. I doubt he would give me what he wants himself if he was in my shoes. I even think if I died, he would be very happy that he owes child, a fact that child has no mother anymore won't make him feel sorry for the child.''about my partner moving here, long story short, there are different things that hold him there, we never discussed options like that as we believe in success. I honestly think the worst comes to worst, I would have agreed to have one more child and live here with two children for next 7 years and then maybe my child will give his own opinion with whom he wants to live and I can re-unite with my true family. I think too many people would suffer in this scenario, versus father of my child even has money to buy apartment in new town and just work from there as Us can allow several months visits. However, yes, he makes our lives very difficult . I can't even imagine if child knew would his father did to us, how upset he would get. I hope at least I won't have to go to court when child understand it all. maybe in 5 years he will stop doing it.

Comment

• Awesome...
                        Last edited by mcdreamy; 11-04-2016, 08:59 PM. Reason: eta: personal attack

Comment

• A good discussion on mobility issues to consider, and some great case law posted for the OP and anyone else considering a relocation to review.
                          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X