The "Process"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
    If you feel so strongly that it is child abuse, have you considered your own call to CAS?

I know that you are not wanting to be considered as having sunk to your ex's level, but I think that you need to ask yourself where the line is in terms of trying not be perceived as playing dirty, and where there are legitimate concerns about your child's safety and well being.
    ^ that would be a very good option in this case. They say the best defense is a good offense. So far you have been letting the Ex call the shots.

She is clearly using your daughter as a commodity to further her own agenda.

Comment

• Yes. I just think it would look terrible on me if I called now. Retaliatory in nature.

The high road is a tough road to take Im noticing.

However, if I see anything else that makes me feel like my child is in danger I won't hesitate.

I really don't like that D3's a messenger now.

"daddy don't forget to feed me", "daddy don't forget to take me potty", etc.
      OR
      "Mommy' not bad .. she's nice". I've never once called her bad ..EVER.

She's being coached what to say and its hard to watch.

Forgets her last name ... daddy's becoming just a name. A guy she sees once in a blue moon.
      Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-28-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
        Yes. I just think it would look terrible on me if I called now. Retaliatory in nature.

However, if I see anything else that makes me feel like my child is in danger I won't hesitate.

I really don't like that D3's a messenger now.

OR

Forgets her last name ... daddy's becoming just a name. A guy she sees once in a blue moon.
        Will your insurance cover child psychologist costs? Definitely worth looking into.

Comment

• psychiatrist yes ... psychologist no. Psychiatrists are 4 month waiting lists

Comment

OR

May not be a case of coaching - all depends on what kind of mother your Ex was. She could simply be an over-protective or anxious parent. In other words she ''feels'' that only she has the ability or intelligence to take care of your child and that you lack the common sense to give your own daughter food when she's hungry?

Any normal three year old is capable of expressing their needs -so she has no cause for these concerns. I can imagine what goes on prior to your access time: ''now D3, don't forget to tell Daddy when you're hungry, don't forget to tell Daddy when you need to go to the potty, 'Mommy loves you"... and blah blah blah. Could be a bad case of motherly-guilt on her part or separation anxiety?
            Last edited by Janibel; 08-28-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Janibel View Post
              May not be a case of coaching - all depends on what hind of mother your Ex was. She could simply be an over-protective or anxious parent. In other words she ''feels'' that only she has the ability or intelligence to take care of your child and that you lack the common sense to give your own daughter food when she's hungry?

Any normal three year old is capable of expressing their needs -so she has no cause for these concerns. I can imagine what goes on prior to your access time: ''now D3, don't forget to tell Daddy when you're hungry, don't forget to tell Daddy when you need to go to the potty, 'Mommy loves you"... and blah blah blah. Could be a bad case of motherly-guilt on her part or separation anxiety?
              Definitely possible.

Comment

• The high road is never easy but hopefully the end point is better. Believe it or not, one day your daughter will be old enough to see through a lot of it. Fighting for her is the right thing to do regardless of the hoops you have to jump through and the pain it causes. You are a good person and you didnt deserve this. I believe in karma and the more she does, the worse it will be for her.

Comment

• May as well get on the list now. It wouldn't hurt.

Comment

• ^agree ... ask to be put on their waiting list.

Comment

Yes. I just think it would look terrible on me if I called now. Retaliatory in nature.

Agreed. In order to call it abuse, you would have to show a pattern, hopefully have witnesses (doctors who see the bruises etc., supervisor who sees it happen more than once) and so on. Having a report of abuse dismissed for lack of evidence would hurt you, and cancel out her false abuse charge.

But make notes, in case you see further evidence.

Comment

• I'm really sorry you didn't get your access today. It's very unfair since you have been patient and cooperative with the investigation. I hope it was just because of a communication breakdown. I know lawyers work on many cases and sometimes aren't available for days at a time (in court for someone else, for example).

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
                          I'm really sorry you didn't get your access today. It's very unfair since you have been patient and cooperative with the investigation. I hope it was just because of a communication breakdown. I know lawyers work on many cases and sometimes aren't available for days at a time (in court for someone else, for example).
                          No. No communication breakdown.

I haven't seen our daughter since the supervisor's affidavit.

I've fought tooth and nail for access for 7 months...end up with 3 hours here, 2 hours there. I considered myself lucky to get e-mails back.
                          I figured if I got lawyer it would get better. But he won't even respond to her.

Not a good day for me today. Tough time getting up and around. Talk about psychological abuse. I miss her very much.
                          Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-28-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Your lawyer must be furious at the unprofessional behaviour from ex's lawyer.

Has she said anything about it hurting their case in the long run?

Comment

• Beautiful day for a complaint letter to UCLS and LAO. Has nothing to do with the Case it's just about how you're being treated....send a copy to the LAO scumbag lawyer too (for Friday).

You may end up getting Costs out of LAO, for this scumbag lawyers worst efforts.

Or better yet "certificate removal" or have him suffer oversight.

I don't see a downside to a compliant letter as long as it's done "nicely"

Comment

• Doing something ...takes your mind off ....what the OP wants...(for you to snap)

Think you have about 18 days till your brief has to be sent and filed for the Sept 25 motion...work on that

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X