No announcement yet.

Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're common law have a child and he told me to quit my job and that he'd support me. I am diadvantaged and entitled both on compensatory and non compensatory basis in fact. My child is 6 months old. I can't work right now. And in future shift work combined with my lost seniority puts me at a disadvantage with child.

Comment

Did you quit your job as soon as you moved in? Is this home the home he owned before you moved in? Is he moving back into the home after you leave? What is the amount he's offering in 2 payments? If it's worth it, then let him look for "reasonable" damages. He's offering it in writing.

So many questions.

I understand you not wanting to go back to work yet. Most Mom's wait until the baby is a year old, and they go back on a "needs" basis. The single Mom's here that are nurses will be sure to chime in.

Comment

I quit my job when I was three months pregnant in October . Then we moved Into the home in December. Both our names on title and mortgage. But he solely put the down payment. My ex lawyer told me I have a weak case because he was claiming the property was in trust. Although I used my first time home buyers intuitive through the government which helped with land transfer tax. Anyways three weeks later we separated. Then when I was 9 months pregnant he came back and the. Left again when the baby was 6 months old.

Comment

We have agreed to a one time lump sum payment after me speaking to his lawyer directly.

Comment

You are entitled to independant legal advice prior to signing any seperation agreement.

Comment

Ok Thankyou but can I get legal advice free in the courthouse tomorrow to read it?

Comment

That part I don't know the answer to. Sorry!

Comment

That's ok thanks

Comment

What happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X