This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support and annual income disclosure

I was wondering if an order for child support is made, and both parties are to financially disclose their income to each other yearly, how do you go about adjusting the support?
    Can that be part of the order? Or is it I will disclose I made XXX more this year and if you want an increase, you need to fight me for it?

Would you not go to court to have the order varied? You can get forms online to fill out

Comment

No, I don't have an order yet and no child support as of yet. Im just trying to prepare myself as my STBX is self employed and just started the business recently. I have NO idea what his income is other than the fact that he has agreed to what we have guessed it to be.
      I know there will be good and bad years so I am hoping we can adjust it accordingly and was just wondering if every year it's going to vary significantly then what are we suppose to do?

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
        ...just wondering if every year it's going to vary significantly then what are we suppose to do?
        You grin and bear it. And you arrange your affairs so as not to live your life in dependance of it.

Comment

I have been doing so up to this point. I have been supporting her and myself all along.
          And I don't want to depend on his money. Whatever is left that is not used each month will go towards her future education etc

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
            Whatever is left that is not used each month will go towards her future education etc
            That's what I do.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X