This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new here and need to vent

I have been married for 21 years and we have six beautiful, intelligent kids. I got married at 20, while still in university. My husband has always worked long hours including weekends. He is in a profession that allows him to make his own hours so he has always chosen to start work late and finish anywhere between 9 pm and midnight. I have always considered myself a single parent. When I was young I was attractive and worked as a model and a lifeguard to pay for university. Now I feel like I have spent so many years alone with my kids just trying to be the "model wife" and mother that I no longer have my own identity. I used to be too embarrassed about my situation and afraid of what he would do if I left. My biggest fear is not being able to provide for my kids. My youngest child just turned 1 yr and the rest of the kids are in a variety of activies. My husband used to own a fitness facility which I managed and absolutely loved but he decided it wasn't worth it and closed it with very little warning just recently. I have never had my own career and every job I have had has been owned by my husband. He pays me $1600 bi-weekly (up until 8 months ago it was $1100 every two weeks) and I am expected to buy groceries, clothing, boots, shoes, coats, gifts, pay for sports etc. for our family of eight. He always questions what I "wasted" all the money on. We do not have any joint accounts. He is always afraid that I will "steal" from him-and I do! every chance I get! I never have enough money. He makes a substantial amount of money, more in one month than some people make in a year. I am tired of being lonely, miserable and feeling trapped. I have a meeting with a lawyer in two weeks and am anxious for my freedom but he has always said that if I leave him he will quit working and we will never find him.
    Thanks for letting me vent
    Missy
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X