This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody statistics - stay-home parents vs dual working parents

Someone suggested that there are more shared parenting arrangements order by the courts when both parents are working.

I often read people stating that only 80-90% of assignment of custody ends up being effectively sole custody for the mothers. Is there any more info on the breakdown of these numbers. I'm very interested to see what the percentage is for joint/shared custody assignments for dual income families.

google power...

JustResearch no.12

Comment

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fcy-...nlsc-elnej.pdf

Comment

Anything more recent than 1999 on custody awards by age, gender, marital status, or income?

Anybody keeping a list of cases in which the court addresses parental alienation? I know there are a few good ones and in my view they really speak to the damaging effects of the adversarial process itself.

Comment

Originally posted by bayleaf View Post
          Anything more recent than 1999 on custody awards by age, gender, marital status, or income?

Anybody keeping a list of cases in which the court addresses parental alienation? I know there are a few good ones and in my view they really speak to the damaging effects of the adversarial process itself.
          Although improving and free...Canlii is limited. Significant judgement's are released and never make it to be published for whatever reason....

Comment

For those interested, I did find something more recent. It is from Stats Canada, in 2009, 14% of divorced have shared custody and 5% had split custody. The remainder is broken up into sole and joint custody, but as expected, the majority of joint custody cases live with the mother (per report). This reflects how many children LIVE primarily with one of the other parent. Joint custody, as often quoted, is misleading if you are interested in where the children live. For instance, my husband has joint, but his kids live 3000 miles away. Most "joint" live with mom still with dad visiting EOW. True shared parenting still has a long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by got2bkid View Post
              For those interested, I did find something more recent. It is from Stats Canada, in 2009, 14% of divorced have shared custody and 5% had split custody. The remainder is broken up into sole and joint custody, but as expected, the majority of joint custody cases live with the mother (per report). This reflects how many children LIVE primarily with one of the other parent. Joint custody, as often quoted, is misleading if you are interested in where the children live. For instance, my husband has joint, but his kids live 3000 miles away. Most "joint" live with mom still with dad visiting EOW. True shared parenting still has a long way to go.
              Please share your link for updated statistic.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X