Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording Ex On Video on Pickups Illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS on the "getting pregnant on purpose".

When the GF stops taking birth control without telling the partner, it's a trap.....good intentions or not.

And yes, leave the new woman out of everything and anything concerning your divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by piggybanktoex View Post
      BS on the "getting pregnant on purpose".

When the GF stops taking birth control without telling the partner, it's a trap.....good intentions or not.

And yes, leave the new woman out of everything and anything concerning your divorce.
      Right.. Not a divorce though.. this was someone I was casually dating who lied about birth control, promised if she ever got pregnant she would have an abortion then tried to trap me.. when that didnt work she's tried to alienate me from our daughters life every step of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Martins View Post
        Never serve her in front of child but not reciprocated. Have always tried to arrange off site, and away from child. I hate to sound like a victim or blame but I can honestly say that from the beginning I've tried to settle, talk, ask to meet to discuss, mediate.. made offers to settle.. never anything in response and have been told intends to go all the way through trail. So I'm sure I don't do everything perfect but Its kind of like what do you do when one person is totally inflexible. And the outbursts in front of our daughter is what prompted me to tape. Everything is about her and what she wants. In her mind i should have just donated the sperm.. send a cheque and disappeared. And I've been with a stable woman for over a year who come to court with me etc, so I'm sure that doesn't help.. but tough.. She got pregnant on purpose to keep me, it didnt work, then its been parental alienation all the way along. I had to bring a motion just to get a copy of our daughters health card after months. So I don't think I can deescalate via being nice. Ive tried. Over and over..

I send her this every week with no reply:

I suggest moving forward that:

a) we use ourfamilywizard.com or similar app (there are free ones such as "2 houses") for more effective communication as to how to share parenting time
        b) exchange parenting plans so that we have a better plan going forward
        c) engage in a shared parenting 50/50 week-about arrangement (week on, week off) as a child having two homes is in their best interest as per the latest psychological children's studies and in the spirit of the status quo that has been ongoing this past year till you pulled back
        d) that we come to agreement on holidays including summer holidays for both parties as well as how to split PA days and school trips.
        e) work to come to a final agreement on the above so that we can avoid time consuming court events that only hurt.......
        f) always be reasonable and find ways to avoid court, which is the primary objective
        g) just like I completed a family post separation course that you complete a similar program so that we can be more effective parents

The ideas I am proposing are completely reasonable and in the best interest of.........
        first off stop saying that she get pregnant on purpose, yes she may have but unless a condom broke, you had some responsibility there also especially when you interested in someone else. Always take responsibility to protect yourself even when she says she is on the pill or she cannot get pregnant. There are women out there who will lie about it and there are also men who will lie about it also.

Your offer seems good. Remember to put in there days like birthdays (yours and childs) fathers day. For a child so young week about seems too long to be away from either parent, you may want to rethink that or use that as a bargaining chip. You can say you want week about but then seem to cave and settle with a 2,2,3,3, or something. That way she feels like she won something but you still get the child as much as you want, but just more exchanges. Make sure that you have school exchanges when the child is of school age so you and mom wont have to see each other as much.

I agree with Arabian, keep the gf out of it. Nothing good can come from that.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          first off stop saying that she get pregnant on purpose, yes she may have but unless a condom broke, you had some responsibility there also especially when you interested in someone else. Always take responsibility to protect yourself even when she says she is on the pill or she cannot get pregnant. There are women out there who will lie about it and there are also men who will lie about it also.

Your offer seems good. Remember to put in there days like birthdays (yours and childs) fathers day. For a child so young week about seems too long to be away from either parent, you may want to rethink that or use that as a bargaining chip. You can say you want week about but then seem to cave and settle with a 2,2,3,3, or something. That way she feels like she won something but you still get the child as much as you want, but just more exchanges. Make sure that you have school exchanges when the child is of school age so you and mom wont have to see each other as much.

I agree with Arabian, keep the gf out of it. Nothing good can come from that.
          I appreciate the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Martins View Post
            I appreciate the advice!
            one thing I have learned on this site, when its a high conflict situation its best to have everything in black and white on paper. Its best to cover all bases and leave no room for things to be twisted or misinterpreted.

I feel for you, I have two friends who got hit the same way. With both of them I reamed them out about not taking precautions themselves. Yes there are women like that out there, but just remember that not all women are like that. Some of us want a man to be with us because they want to be, not because they feel forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
              one thing I have learned on this site, when its a high conflict situation its best to have everything in black and white on paper. Its best to cover all bases and leave no room for things to be twisted or misinterpreted.

I feel for you, I have two friends who got hit the same way. With both of them I reamed them out about not taking precautions themselves. Yes there are women like that out there, but just remember that not all women are like that. Some of us want a man to be with us because they want to be, not because they feel forced to.
              Agreed.. at the end of the day, I chose to date her.. So making better decisions now.

Comment

I am heartened that you stepped up to the plate with regards to the child.

How long did you "date" the mother? This is information that will invariably be brought up by your ex at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                  I am heartened that you stepped up to the plate with regards to the child.

How long did you "date" the mother? This is information that will invariably be brought up by your ex at some point.
                  Thank you. I was dating her for a few months but other woman as well openly.. in fact another woman flew out from Sweden I was into and it was shortly after she left that the mother got pregnant.. OF course it was my choice. From day one we both agreed we were focused on our careers and did not want children. Then after she got pregnant I moved in for a few months to try and make it work. Of course it didnt.. but now i have to fight to be in my daughters life.. and I think its important to note that when someone fights to be a part of a childs life.. it should not be discouraged..

There are unintended consequences to things like this. Father’s should be encouraged for being part of their children’s lives, not discouraged. As an anecdotal example, the Applicant Mother’s brother fought in court after his wife committed suicide for access/custody of their children with the grandmother. The result is the brother metaphorically said “screw it, this is too much trouble” and turned his back on his entire family, including his children and married a woman with six kids. His 14 year old daughter no longer had him in her life and she committed suicide last your. Children need father’s and society will suffer if courts are tempted to hinder men fighting to be equal parents.

Comment

I send her this every week with no reply:

I suggest moving forward that:

The ideas I am proposing are completely reasonable and in the best interest of.........
                    Sending this list of items ex should do, every week is almost sure to guarantee you a non favorable reply. You would be better to keep it to facts and keep your opinion out of it, especially f and g. Here you are insinuating that she is never reasonable and an ineffective parent who needs parenting classes. That is highly unlikely to get you cooperation, even if it is true.

Keep it short and simple, and leave your opinion and judgement out of it. For example:
                    a) we use ourfamilywizard.com or similar app (there are free ones such as "2 houses") for easier communication
                    b) exchange parenting plans
                    c) engage in a shared parenting 50/50 week-about arrangement (week on, week off)
                    d) that we come to agreement on holidays including summer holidays for both parties as well as how to split PA days and school trips.
                    e) work to come to a final agreement on the above

Comment

You are equally to blame in bringing a child into this world. There is no such thing as someone "getting pregnant on purpose" - you obviously did not take precautions.
                      The father's can't be equally to blame in bringing a child into this world when the father has NO RIGHT into any say about abortion or morning after pills. If mom wants to keep - mom will keep - doesn't matter what dad wants or says.

Yes, actually, there is such think as someone getting pregnant on purpose.

What if condom broke? Would you still make the same argument that dad took no precautions? Or would he not be one to blame at that point ?

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                        The father's can't be equally to blame in bringing a child into this world when the father has NO RIGHT into any say about abortion or morning after pills. If mom wants to keep - mom will keep - doesn't matter what dad wants or says.

Yes, actually, there is such think as someone getting pregnant on purpose.

What if condom broke? Would you still make the same argument that dad took no precautions? Or would he not be one to blame at that point ?
                        I know you want so desperately to "blame" someone for a pregnancy Trinton (the evil woman). Something that you might want to read up on before your daughter reaches puberty is that when two adults have sex there is a risk of pregnancy.... both consenting adults participated and are therefore equally responsible for the outcome.

Comment

I know you want so desperately to "blame" someone for a pregnancy Trinton (the evil woman). Something that you might want to read up on before your daughter reaches puberty is that when two adults have sex there is a risk of pregnancy.... both consenting adults participated and are therefore equally responsible for the outcome.
                          Buh buh but just earlier you said dad was equally responsible because he didn't use a condom:

You are equally to blame in bringing a child into this world. There is no such thing as someone "getting pregnant on purpose" - you obviously did not take precautions.
                          I'm clearly the one who was trying to place blame.

What's even more fascinating about your post is that you clearly missed that I was simply correcting you that women (not all) can and do get pregnant on purpose. Women aren't always innocent. I know that's not how you like to see things and like to think women always are and that women shelter homes are pure.

If you like to state that dad has blame if they didn't use a condom, then if they used a condom and it broke, then mom could take precaution and get morning after pills - could they not ? What if they don't ? Dad can't take the morning after pill for them can they ?

Was just stating that women can do many things to prevent pregnancy and birth through due course. Men can't get the abortion now, can they ? You may want to read into abortion.

I don't need lectures from you on what to read and what not to read and what to teach our kid. I get enough of that from my ex. The school does talk to children about sex, precautions and abortion, you know, and I know how to parent. Thank you very much tips.
                          Last edited by trinton; 11-05-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
                            Sending this list of items ex should do, every week is almost sure to guarantee you a non favorable reply. You would be better to keep it to facts and keep your opinion out of it, especially f and g. Here you are insinuating that she is never reasonable and an ineffective parent who needs parenting classes. That is highly unlikely to get you cooperation, even if it is true.

Keep it short and simple, and leave your opinion and judgement out of it. For example:
                            a) we use ourfamilywizard.com or similar app (there are free ones such as "2 houses") for easier communication
                            b) exchange parenting plans
                            c) engage in a shared parenting 50/50 week-about arrangement (week on, week off)
                            e) work to come to a final agreement on the above

I appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                              Buh buh but just earlier you said dad was equally responsible because he didn't use a condom:

I'm clearly the one who was trying to place blame.

What's even more fascinating about your post is that you clearly missed that I was simply correcting you that women (not all) can and do get pregnant on purpose. Women aren't always innocent. I know that's not how you like to see things and like to think women always are and that women shelter homes are pure.

If you like to state that dad has blame if they didn't use a condom, then if they used a condom and it broke, then mom could take precaution and get morning after pills - could they not ? What if they don't ? Dad can't take the morning after pill for them can they ?

Was just stating that women can do many things to prevent pregnancy and birth through due course. Men can't get the abortion now, can they ? You may want to read into abortion.

I don't need lectures from you on what to read and what not to read and what to teach our kid. I get enough of that from my ex. The school does talk to children about sex, precautions and abortion, you know, and I know how to parent. Thank you very much tips.
                              Men can say no to intercourse. That is their option. They can wait until they know the women well enough, actually want a relationship with them before having sex. They also have the choice of a vasectomy if they never want kids. If they just want to jump into bed with any willing woman they they are taking the risk of fathering a child let alone the risk of an STD.

this is getting off topic. I think the OP question has been answered.

Comment

ummm Trinton - did I mention shelters anywhere in my post on this thread? No.

Abortion as "prevention" to pregnancy? LOL That's not how things work Trinton - abortions are for discarding a fetus (after pregnancy has occurred).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X