Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I motion for a Judge to the the Case Management Judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I motion for a Judge to the the Case Management Judge?

In my case both the applicant and myself liked one particular judge we had on a Motion who actually heard both sides and seemed to be fair. Can I bring a motion that the particular judge be our Case Management judge for the upcoming settlement conferences, motions, pre trial etc?

And if so can i file this motion as a 14B?

No. Keep this judge open for any motions you need to bring and as your trial judge. Your case management judge (who presumably resides your settlement conference) can't be your trial judge.

Comment

Is there a way to select this judge for future motions or trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Martins View Post
        Unless your lawyer knows the trial coordinator, doubt it. i have personally have had the same motions judge every time I have filed a motion.

Don't worry about this stuff. Just focus on having the best possible case to present to the judge, whatever judge that may be.

Comment

You can ask the judge for a motion to "be seized of this matter" for all motions and trail. If your matter is high conflict and both parties agree you may get it. Judges know that consistency gets things through the court system faster. Also ask the motion judge to assign a case management judge as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
            You can ask the judge for a motion to "be seized of this matter" for all motions and trail. If your matter is high conflict and both parties agree you may get it. Judges know that consistency gets things through the court system faster. Also ask the motion judge to assign a case management judge as well.
            Thank you .. is the best way via B14 motion?

Comment

Thank you .. is the best way via B14 motion?
              That is an excellent question for an actual lawyer. It's not a procedure I am familiar with.

Comment

the case management judge wouldn't hear the motions though. I think OP needs to motion to get rid of case management judge. A new case management judge will then reside. the motion judge may be assigned as case management, however, you won't know who your future motions and trial judge will be.

Comment

That is an excellent question for an actual lawyer. It's not a procedure I am familiar with.
                  Orleans.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X