Second post secondary diplomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second post secondary diplomas?

So, I just had a case conference last week. I'm paying support while my daughter is getting her first post secondary diploma. My ex informed me that once my daughter is done school (which will be in January) that she will be starting a new program in September of 2018 and she wants me to pay support then too. I don't agree with this since the second program has no relevance to the first. Does anyone know whether it is it likely that a judge would order me to pay while getting a second diploma in a completely different field than the first?

What type of education do you have and how much money do you make? If you have several and make over $150,000 a year expect to pay.

You could also tell your ex that your child has one degree and support/expenses stop. Should kid wish to work with you directly you will do so that way but it is no longer ex’s business.

Comment

I make about 38,000 per year, but I've never been to college. I don't even have a high school diploma because I started work when I was 16 as an immigrant. I only went to high school here in Canada to learn english, but never graduated.

Comment

Then you tell your ex your obligation to support kid ends on completion of her first degree. Period. She can think whatever she wants to think and may file a motion to get the support but with that income shes unlikely to get anything but a bill for costs.

Comment

agreed with Rockscan.

Comment

We have another case conference in February after she has disclosed all the details about my daughter's current education as well as any future plans for education. I'm hoping by this time it will finally all be over and the judge will say that support is terminated. I will then be able to deal with my daughter alone without her mother and her miserable attitude.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X