No announcement yet.

Your perspective on no child support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem isn't the "ex" - its the system. Its perfectly understandable to be enemies with you ex for various reasons the problem is when you are "artificially" and "unfairly" punished versus just paying the natural consequences (i.e: didnt spend enough time with your parents, now they died and you have regret)

The consequences of divorce are not proportionate or directly consequences of the divorce - they are consequences of the divorce LAWS. I hope you see the difference.

Comment

I'm in the income bracket where I can support two modest households, but why should I?

She is capable and not stupid, yet has only ever managed to work 17 hours a week in the last 3 years.

It was a big fight to get to her imputed to 25 hours a week. And still works 17.

She is lazy and doesn't want to work, and was completely forward and open about it during 4 way meetings and depositions. I mean why work when you can go to the gym all day, and make your ex work for you?

She complains about having no money, and being broke. Begging me to send her support cheques, but FRO has me under 50% net income garnishment. Do I look stupid?

6.5 more years and I assume she will have to move in with her parents, because she will be broke, as she hasn't done anything to improve her situation. But its brand name everything at her house now!

Yah I really picked a winner.

Its hard to date when prospective mates find out you have that baggage in the closet!!

I'm I bitter...nah. Tired of watching my money go out the door, very.

Comment

seems like cs is still necessary in today's world.

Comment

When are you running for office? I'll vote for you

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
          I have to disagree. What if one parent earns an extremely good income, and the other parent doesn't? Then you get the kids living in a fabulous house with fabulous things half the time, and living in a crummy house and going without the other half. Kids are materialistic. Soon enough, they're going to resent life with the low-income parent and want to live all the time at the nice house. So I do think that CS flowing from the high-income parent to the low-income parent is necessary so that the kids' lifestyles don't have drastic differences in each house.

That said, however, I do think that the current system is in need of overhaul. SS should definitely be calculated before CS. That way, if the high-income parent is already supporting the low-income parent's income, the adjusted amounts are used to determine CS.

Also, a half-offset method should be used for all situations, in proportion to time spent with the children, so that the money imbalance is smoothed out, and parents are truly supporting their children in proportion to both their income and their access times. There would be a lot less fighting over access that way, and a lot more likelihood of 50-50.

Both parents put their table CS amounts into a common pool. They draw from the pool in proportion to their access time (by 10% or something).

A high-income parent might put $1500 a month into the common pool, while the low-income parent might put in $200. The pool has $1700 a month. If access is 30-70 (one parent has 3 nights in 14) the low-access parent pulls out $510 a month, while the high-access parent pulls out the remaining $1190. If access is 50-50, they each pull out $850. Only if one parent has zero access would the other parent get full table CS from them.

Comment

You have 6.5 years of SS?

Originally posted by me_vs_HCF View Post
            I'm in the income bracket where I can support two modest households, but why should I?

She is capable and not stupid, yet has only ever managed to work 17 hours a week in the last 3 years.

It was a big fight to get to her imputed to 25 hours a week. And still works 17.

She is lazy and doesn't want to work, and was completely forward and open about it during 4 way meetings and depositions. I mean why work when you can go to the gym all day, and make your ex work for you?

She complains about having no money, and being broke. Begging me to send her support cheques, but FRO has me under 50% net income garnishment. Do I look stupid?

6.5 more years and I assume she will have to move in with her parents, because she will be broke, as she hasn't done anything to improve her situation. But its brand name everything at her house now!

Yah I really picked a winner.

Its hard to date when prospective mates find out you have that baggage in the closet!!

I'm I bitter...nah. Tired of watching my money go out the door, very.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X