Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right and since it is unknown what someone else would do in the future ... a CC remains potential and thus my view.

Comment

LV and IP,

Thank you both for debating this in public: We're all benefitting from your exchange.

I don't understand a freakin' word of it, mind you, but I'm sure that I'm benefitting (grin)

I AM going to take notes (jot down the terms you're using), research them, and then bounce 'em off my lawyers.

One thing I don't think I mentioned, which may or may not impact the way things unfold: Her lawyer is in Brighton, ON and the proceedings (filing, divorce) took place in Belleville, ON. She retained the same counsel (Brighton. ON) for the purposes of the amendment.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Since she has representation in Ontario, it will not be an interjurisdictional matter. Lucky you!!

After filing (if agreement is not reached) your first step is a case conference...and you are in a better position than her. Why? She will have to pay costs if it goes to court and her position is not successful. That is more expensive for her than it is for you, since each call with her lawyer will be long-distance, and each fax will also be...she has more...incentive to agree

Comment

Hello again everyone,

I've had my head down for the last month, gathering paperwork (I recently moved and EVERYTHING that's important is in boxes... somewhere... and not, of course, in the boxes labeled "important stuff" (grin)) and filling in forms and disclosures and affadavits, oh MY!

Things are proceeding at a snail's pace and we are, predictably, going nowhere and will go nowhere - because the outcome is 99% predetermined. I know this, my lawyer knows this, her lawyer knows this... EVERYBODY knows this except for her and her family, apparently.

Anyways, I got a bit of shocking news during my last visit to my solicitor. I am going to go through the SSAG with a fine tooth comb today, but I figured I'd post here as well:

Situation recap: I am the full CP of two teens. She won't work, income is imputed at $24K. My SS obligation is $1000/mo ($12,000/year)

Shocking news: I think that her CS table amount should be based on $36K, (24K + 12K) but my lawyer says it's based on $24K (employment income only, and her SS income doesn't count when figuring CS).

OK, I'm gonna hit the books (shhhhhhh: I'm supposed to be working!)

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X