X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Conference Brief

Hello all,

Looks like we are going back to court. I am self-representing. I have held off going back to court as long as I can and sent several offers to settle (since last November), but opposing party refuses to respond or engage in any meaningful dialogue.

I need to request a case conference and submit a case conference brief. I have a couple of questions for those who might have some experience.

1. How does one go about requesting a Case Conference at the Court House? We have a continuing record located at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice

2. How "brief" should the Case Conference Brief be? 4-5 pages or longer?

I understand the purpose of the Case Conference is supposed to be an effort for both parties to try and avoid any further litigation and settle.

3. Do I attach the formal Offers to Settle to the Case Conference Brief? How much detail do I need to go into in describing all my efforts to settle? How much emphasis should be placed on this part of the affidavit?

4. In respect to the logistics - Am I correct in assuming that I need to make three seperate copies? Do these have to be sworn in? Do I need to complete an Affidavit of Service?

5. In respect to Exhibits, should these be kept to the minimum?

Many thanks in advance,
    Nadia

4-5 pages with attached exhibits. Maybe a lawyer could be retained for a few hours to help.

Is it ever proper to attach offers of settlement? Aren't those confidential until judgment and then if you got more than your settlement offer, other side has to pay costs?

check your rules of court.

Comment

Yes, of course Settlement Offers are confidential until after Judgement. Have not been in court for a while.

Comment

The following thread is very helpful. Should have done a search BEFORE I posted!

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...62/index2.html

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X